• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SWineman
    Newest Member
    SWineman
Amos83

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Radar showing snow now over the top of Mooresville for the first time but its not reaching the ground. Just stepped outside and air is much colder than it was a couple hours ago. My guess is just a matter of 20 or 30 minutes before I start seeing snow.

2 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

FV3 for president. 

lol... looking like it so far.  Has the US finally conquered the Euro?

• Like 1

Just now, avianman said:

It just started snowing in Hickory. 

I’ve been so puzzled by this. It’s been snowing in Lenoir for a while now and the ground is white. Odd how it’s been delayed in areas where the moisture hitting Lenoir, has already passed over. 

12 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

absolute parachute flakes sailing down here... some of the biggest flakes i've ever seen. Seem to be having trouble accumulating though as we're still at 33.. got about 1/2 inch on the grass and elevated surfaces.

Those in the upstate just wait til this stuff in n ga gets there. It’s absolutely pouring what looks like clumps of ice lol. Getting a trifecta mix and it’s really coming down. If this is snow where y’all are it will be amazing :)

everything is covered now - yards and roads

• Like 2

People on my FB feed are reporting power outages in Alabama. Apparently the wind is kicking up so strong it’s causing power outages. Low may be stronger than expected?

16 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

Last pic of the night with snow mixing in.  Still quite a bit of sleet, flipping between more and less snow frequently.  

B71869AF-0CB9-4804-AF61-715EE0081C8E.jpeg

Crazy how much difference a few miles makes, I’m just on the other side of Wesley Chapel from you and MBY looks nothing like that, sleet and a stray wet flake mixing in but everything is still just soaking wet. 

Just now, Touchet said:

People on my FB feed are reporting power outages in Alabama. Apparently the wind is kicking up so strong it’s causing power outages. Low may be stronger than expected?

Winds are very strong over here, last I read almost 18,000 people without power here in the Atlanta area.  

5 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I’ve been so puzzled by this. It’s been snowing in Lenoir for a while now and the ground is white. Odd how it’s been delayed in areas where the moisture hitting Lenoir, has already passed over. 

Same. I didn't see a single flake in Lenoir until 2250, and it has since ramped up to around >=1"/hour. 

Amazing the pocket of air above Mooresville is so dry that precipitation hasn't reached the ground while nearby areas to the south, west & north are reporting snow. Its become an island. Not sure what that means for the next 12 hours.

Snow continues to pour like a mofo in Asheville per the webcam. Not much movin' out there, what does, is crawlin along awful awful slow. Better get off those roads. Some of those tallies in W NC may end up eclipsing 20 inches. Thats too deep even for a snow jebwalk.

Just now, SnowDawg said:

Down below 32 now. In the lulls it is freezing rain and sleeting, trees are going now. Power is out and can see transformers blowing.

Your power is out? Ugh. So far so good here - I hope that stays up there lol. I am surprised the power hasn’t even blinked here which is unusual ( I live near a national forest with a ton of trees)