Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, White Rain said:

We have been quite fortunate around here with wildlife.  About a week ago a barred owl caught a bunny in our backyard. He ran into trouble though because it was too big to take with him. He spent about three hours in the yard that morning, dragged it to the back of our garden by our fence and finished his meal there. I would post several pictures, but my space is limited and I have compress the file sizes. Here is a zoom shot 135mm with a Nikon D3200. Spotted another one about 2 miles from my house following day. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I have several shots if any are interested in more, but this one captures the owl nicely.

388441412_DSC_0489zoom.thumb.jpg.d7eb4e8ad3b38126caa26988423b6045.jpg

Great shot!  

5 hours ago, BrianW said:

Natural gas prices have doubled in price since Jan in New England. What is your normal bill? Half that?

Not sure... we just moved in a few months ago (August).

The price of a “therm” or however they measure gas went up like 20 cents per therm in December 1st... which ended up costing us another 20-25 bucks alone.

Just insanity... if we get a real cold Jan or Feb... I bet our bill will be pushing $250 if not close to $300

Not sure... we just moved in a few months ago (August).
The price of a “therm” or however they measure gas went up like 20 cents per therm in December 1st... which ended up costing us another 20-25 bucks alone.
Just insanity... if we get a real cold Jan or Feb... I bet our bill will be pushing $250 if not close to $300
Welcome to adulthood....wait to you have kids!

7 hours ago, White Rain said:

We have been quite fortunate around here with wildlife.  About a week ago a barred owl caught a bunny in our backyard. He ran into trouble though because it was too big to take with him. He spent about three hours in the yard that morning, dragged it to the back of our garden by our fence and finished his meal there. I would post several pictures, but my space is limited and I have compress the file sizes. Here is a zoom shot 135mm with a Nikon D3200. Spotted another one about 2 miles from my house following day. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I have several shots if any are interested in more, but this one captures the owl nicely.

388441412_DSC_0489zoom.thumb.jpg.d7eb4e8ad3b38126caa26988423b6045.jpg

Went out to the garage to get firewood and there was a baby owl on my wood rack, my wife thought it was cute

e1ayxe.png

• Like 2