Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Is that the massif to the right of the towers where the moose fall off?

Ha no, that's the cliffs above the top of the Gondola (trail network on the right side).  Land upside down in the deep snow and can't get out.  Skiers traversing by the hoofs sticking out of the snow all winter from the upside down moose going out to the Kitchen Wall. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha no, that's the cliffs above the top of the Gondola (trail network on the right side).  Land upside down in the deep snow and can't get out.  Skiers traversing by the hoofs sticking out of the snow all winter from the upside down moose going out to the Kitchen Wall. 

LOL, that's hilarious. I thought Dendrite may push you and Jspin off there in his melt the other day.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Wait is this for real? I thought you were joking

3 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Wait is this for real? I thought you were joking

No this actually happened one winter.  A moose must've gotten disoriented in fog or bad weather or at night and just walked off a cliff, landing upside down 100 feet below and found by skiers going to a popular area off the Gondola that starts under those cliffs.  

• Haha 1

Drove down to Logan to pick up my brother, and wow. I did not realize how bad things are. There's basically no snow to speak of south of the notch, and the temperature went from 34 in Boston to -1 when I got home. It's like different worlds. It's hard to believe it's the end of December. I can definitely understand why so much gloom in here.