Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

11 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Sleeping with windows open ftw. In Novie.i guess Christmas 2015 beats that. 

Christmas was warm and the day before was even warmer in 2015.  NYC on 12/24 recorded 72/63 (2.5 CDD!), which was something like 32° AN, probably their greatest plus departure since records began there in 1869.  Minimum was 22° higher than the normal max.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The mesos did hint at some draining into NE MA yesterday. I think the 3K NAM and HRRR at times showed this. We were windy all night here just south of Boston, but perhaps pressure falls and maybe a weak meso low were enough to drain some taint into nrn areas. I do remember seeing this at times. 

Was 68 at exit 41 on 93 last nite then 55 in N Andover. Cool feature to drive thru

57 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Cutters, cutters, all I see. 

I know ... heh.

I realize through years of my denied chagrin that this site (and the Internet et al for that matter!) is an engagement in 99.99% enthusiasm and conjecture ... pretty much exclusively.  Still ... I find amusement every day, coming in here and being greeted with optimistic appraisals regarding how winter is "clearly" very close...  

If by that we mean...at some point in the next three months, which by geological dating is virtually instantaneous, sure.  As far the foreseeable future, however... mm. This all looks like seasonal; mind you, part of the seasonality is that models will rush the season change and patterns keyed into it, at least excuse imaginable. Which upon seeing that may be the cause for the elation tenor -

That said ... this smart-azz jest on my part is just the sort of act that will cause winter to strike tomorrow ...ha!  

Actually (edit) I just saw the teleconnectors and there is some hope for colder aspect mid month - we'll see.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

That might apply for this week coming up but by mid month the ensembles are all much more favorable for a wintry pattern and actual November measurable snow for most of us.

I would rather have a stout ridge out west or blocking which I don’t see. I think anythjng wintry is just going to have to be a well timed s/w.