• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

A few confused folks in here today.   The Angst is palpable!

We’re back to climo now...which is the way it’s supposed to be...not the ridiculous fantasies of some. 

I wouldnt write off December on 11/24 lol...as fast as it(the long range) changed from good to not so good, it can change back again.  Step back from the ledge....

long range modeling has been substantially less than stellar of late.

March as far as I'm concerned is still a winter month.  Your talking to a guy who measured 27" of snow normally (Without Snowboard) in one storm this past March and my location, based on true definition, is on the coast. So some of the comments are pure fluff, no punn intended. Boston itself still can snow from early December through March. It has been seen many times throughout the years. So I'm sort of curious, what and who's climo are people really using and comparing?:blink:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greg said:

March as far as I'm concerned is still a winter month.  Your talking to a guy who measured 27" of snow normally (Without Snowboard) in one storm this past march and my location, based on true definition, is on the coast. So some of the comments are pure fluff, no punn intended. Boston itself still can snow from early December through March. It has been seen many times throughout the years. So I'm sort of curious what and who's climo are people really using and comparing?

I was told November is a winter month and March is a Spring month, so I skirred. 

9 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Gfs is much better than 6z

The blocking is doing the work on this run. The op runs will change alot.

The interior should watch the storm for early next week. The models are starting to pop the coastal low earlier.

The EURO looks as awful as it always has for SNE.

Next.

Lol....Scooter with an ample supply of salt to drop in weenie wounds.....

i thought the long range was suboptimal but as will opined...possibly serviceable.  Also, those low heights in AK get there as a finger of the pv in Canada.  Does not look like a stable feature.   Finally, read up on winters of yore.   Even the ancestors describe winter relaxing after it sets in before locking in at a more seasonal time.  

Keep hope alive weenies, it’s November fukking 24th.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I call BS on all the winter AK pig talk. Its not going to lock in...no way....not with that ENSO. That said, keep expectations in check for December. I'll bet against a white xmas in the Boston area.

1994-1995 is lurking in the weeds waiting to pounce. 

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I call BS on all the winter AK pig talk. Its not going to lock in...no way....not with that ENSO. That said, keep expectations in check for December. I'll bet against a white xmas in the Boston area.

See my latest update post in my outlook thread. The Height restructuring is a function of the tropical momentum loss and should reverse in the middle part of the month once intraseasonal forcing is dampened and resumption of more Nino-esque forcing restarts. During the jet retraction period, HLB will develop in the ATL/ARC (8th-15th).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Isotherm said:

See my latest update post in my outlook thread. The Height restructuring is a function of the tropical momentum loss and should reverse in the middle part of the month once intraseasonal forcing is dampened and resumption of more Nino-esque forcing restarts. During the jet retraction period, HLB will develop in the ATL/ARC (8th-15th).

The WWB is actually a catalyst for the resumption of forcing more congruent with modoki imo.

16 minutes ago, Isotherm said:

Your visits to our sub-forum are most welcome!

43 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lol....Scooter with an ample supply of salt to drop in weenie wounds.....

i thought the long range was suboptimal but as will opined...possibly serviceable.  Also, those low heights in AK get there as a finger of the pv in Canada.  Does not look like a stable feature.   Finally, read up on winters of yore.   Even the ancestors describe winter relaxing after it sets in before locking in at a more seasonal time.  

Keep hope alive weenies, it’s November fukking 24th.

Of course I like to have fun. But, the Pacific will get hostile for a time. Nothing I can do, things change. Seems to fit climo too for a time as MJO forces this. However, I do not think ( on knees praying as I say this) it will last. Seems like a two week hiatus though give or take. Hopefully we can sneak something in, but when I start seeing that look...you gotta be reasonable with expectations. At least around my hood. Tblizz is one foot into the Taunton river.

• Sad 1