Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

18 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

I would wager this cold relative to average is the coldest of the winter

Possibly true but we tried in 15 and 18. 3 degrees this morning with probably my most anomalous Nov day ever, hard to top especially with zero snow cover. I  caught the full beaver moon setting at 545 am while first light was starting 

20181123_060353.jpg

47 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I said most tracks will be close by this winter not outside the bm where only se zones get to play tongue hockey with each other. IF the B’s develop late, then it favors interior (cne & nne). Big winter for most but breaks here and there. Glad we finally got my thoughts straightened out. You going big dec to mar, wire to wire, acatt record breaking deep snows to your weenie. 

Late bloomers do not just favor NNE...it depends how late, and where H5 tracks. Climo for weak modoki el nino is that ORH points east is ground zero.

Heh...maybe I’ll have to eat that one. CON has a min of -17° in 1875, but the top 3 coldest max temps on record for 11/30 don’t include 1875 with the coldest being 19° and #3 being 23°. There’s no way they had a high warmer than 23° following a min of -17° while BOS pulled a max of 10°. So I was wrong on that...there has to be missing CON max temp data from that year.

1 hour ago, EastonSN+ said:

2015 was actually a top 15 winter for CT. Its just that Boston,s 1 to 2 footers ended up 6 to 12 ers here.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is what I mean...relative anomalies.

In MA and CT, W of the CT River is very different than points E as 'Berg and I can attest.  Big winters for Tolland and ORH sometimes mean jack sh*t for the W of the River folks but who cares?  Nobody lives here anyway. 

I'll take SWFE patterns anytime over Miller B nonesense. 

• Like 2