Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November discussion

weathafella

52 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Maine and NH lower els will get some nice snow-dryslot cleaning up and congrats dendrite.  Powderfreak is already balls deep heading for the neck.

I think it's mostly rain here. Euro was worse for mby compared to 00z. Hopefully it isn't too much liquid.

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

That winter goes way beyond my memory, even 95/96 through 2000. I see one good storm on Ray's Winter Storm Archive on Feb 3-4, is that the only good one we got that year?

Correct. 1 snowstorm the entire winter but it was big. Got 1 foot in coastal Sw CT. I believe the winter was more dry than anything.

11 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Was 1994 1995 bad due to lack of moisture/storms than warm air? At least we had that 1 big snowstorm.

I remember a lot of mild, rainy periods. Jan 95 had an epic torch with dews.

2/4 was a blockbuster with bigtime cold behind it, but that was about it other than some light events. Eventually we Morched and had a summer of big heat.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I remember a lot of mild, rainy periods. Jan 95 had an epic torch with dews.

2/4 was a blockbuster with bigtime cold behind it, but that was about it other than some light events. Eventually we Morched and had a summer of big heat.

I remember we were supposed to change to rain being on the coast. Was eventually heavy snow and 34.5 degrees, but never changed over. Shoveling was heck.

94-95 was horrendous. It was warm and mostly snowless due to the one eyed pig in AK. We did get the typical El Niño frigid period for about 2-3 weeks in February with the already-mentioned 2/4 blockbuster storm but that was basically it the entire winter. 

I'm mostly trolling with that analog, but keep in mind it was a pretty weak modoki Niño. It was still only 3 years removed from pinatubo though so there could have been some residual effects still lingering in the high latitudes...though certainly reduced from the prior 3 winters.  

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

I remember we were supposed to change to rain being on the coast. Was eventually heavy snow and 34.5 degrees, but never changed over. Shoveling was heck.

We had a rare blizzard warning in interior Rockingham county where I lived at the time. I wanna say I had 14-15".

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

94-95 was horrendous. It was warm and mostly snowless due to the one eyed pig in AK. We did get the typical El Niño frigid period for about 2-3 weeks in February with the already-mentioned 2/4 blockbuster storm but that was basically it the entire winter. 

I'm mostly trolling with that analog, but keep in mind it was a pretty weak modoki Niño. It was still only 3 years removed from pinatubo though so there could have been some residual effects still lingering in the high latitudes...though certainly reduced from the prior 3 winters.  

I remember a pretty chilly early Jan SWFE too where everyone up here was snowing at around 10F, but it was only an advisory event. One of the few wintry feels of that winter outside of the biggie.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I remember a pretty chilly early Jan SWFE too where everyone up here was snowing at around 10F, but it was only an advisory event. One of the few wintry feels of that winter outside of the biggie.

We had a couple inches in that...I recall the brutal cold at the onset...but then it eventually got everyone to about 60F as the primary ended up cutting through Detroit and Ottawa or something with a screaming southerly flow. Think it was Jan 12-13. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

We had a couple inches in that...I recall the brutal cold at the onset...but then it eventually got everyone to about 60F as the primary ended up cutting through Detroit and Ottawa or something with a screaming southerly flow. Think it was Jan 12-13. 

Just looked it up. Close. 1/11-12. About 4" in CON.

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

All this angst is over a projected pattern well beyond d10.   EPS through d11 still with a good Pacific.

Looking somewhat putrid by 12/9. Def seems like a period of one eyed pig is going to happen. The hope is that it is transient and doesn't plant itself for weeks. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Looking somewhat putrid by 12/9. Def seems like a period of one eyed pig is going to happen. The hope is that it is transient and doesn't plant itself for weeks. 

But it’s been in this time frame (d14-15) and so far no closer.  So with the pattern we see we’d probably verbatim start paying mid month.  And 6-10 looks good.

• Haha 1