Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

4 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

This is the event that just keeps on giving.  I received another 1.10” yesterday and last night so my storm total is up to 4.37”.

This event does not come close to what I experienced on June 16th 2015 when a convergence zone set up literally over my neighborhood and dumped 5” of rain in less than 3 hours.  I have never seen anything like that before or since.

40 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

we get a squall line and everyone else gets training storms for days, lol thank god its not winter i’d be jumping off the GW.

With forcing over our area, we're more likely to see more scattered heavy showers today. Looks like another bout of organized rainfall is progged for this evening. 

Anybody have any clues from the GFS or Euro as to how long this upper level pattern is going to continue? I saw some indications that it might clear out for the weekend but now in the NWS 7-day, it looks like it continues through at least the middle of next week?

4 minutes ago, larrye said:

Anybody have any clues from the GFS or Euro as to how long this upper level pattern is going to continue? I saw some indications that it might clear out for the weekend but now in the NWS 7-day, it looks like it continues through at least the middle of next week?

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping for a nice Saturday. Its the Quick Check Balloon Festival and the last couple years have been washouts or enough storms in the area that the balloons didn't go up. 10th year i'm having 50+ people at my house and I think we have seen the balloons go up 2 times that night, and never in my direction...

• Like 1