Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
NorthArlington101

April Mid/Long Range & Disco

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Good because it's gonna. 

Assuming this remains a west to east boundary wave and doesn't trend weaker wherever it is depicted 48 hours out it will adjust north some. That's like a 80% frequency thing. 

I been telling y'all not to worry about suppression. You watch, before this is over you will be concerned with being on the southern edge, while the rest of us are looking at rain or snow tv.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

temps are upper 20s... guess its possible

850s are fairly chilly too... -7

Thats the best news with this earlier onset.  Now I know that it's still April and it will struggle relatively speaking.  Couldn't ask for much better.  Where is everyone?!  Good 12z suite all around for Saturday.

10 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

You probually are happy your fringed so far considering how the last event trended north last minute. Imo going by seasonal trend your in a good spot.

Yea it's perfect where it is. I was kidding. If the guidance looks like the gfs/euro now come Thursday/Friday I will be excited. 

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Odd, because Kutchera is usually conservative vs 10:1

Surface temps are cold- falling into the upper 20s. Probably ideal upstairs with good dendrites.

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Good because it's gonna. 

Assuming this remains a west to east boundary wave and doesn't trend weaker wherever it is depicted 48 hours out it will adjust north some. That's like a 80% frequency thing. 

Any chance this is similar to the little storm that went through southern VA the weekend before Easter?  I drove down 81 the next day and saw areas that had well over a foot. It was pretty amazing for late March. 

If this storm happened with 6"+, would we still call this winter a joke? Someone tell Ji to put the sunscreen and sandals away!

6 minutes ago, WeSuck said:

If this storm happened with 6"+, would we still call this winter a joke? Someone tell Ji to put the sunscreen and sandals away!

Yeah because it’s not winter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm only about 20 inches short from the Euro with our supposed HECS late March storm so........yeah....grain of salt folks.

37 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

That is one way to thread the needle and it sucks for alot of people. I'll pass on this one. This cold belongs in Greenland.

If your posts ever start making sense I will start to worry about my sanity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, WeSuck said:

No.  If that happened, it would no longer be my Worst. Winter. Ever.  I don't care that it's April.  That said, no way central MD gets a significant snow.  It just can't happen this winter.

I believe I've heard forecasters in the South refer to a 48-hour rule; as such don't believe any forecast of snow until you are within 48 hours; perhaps that applies here in early/mid April