• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow bomb obs March 21

Damage In Tolland

Fox 25 just pulled the plug pretty much.  He doesn't even believe his own map (it's the 1-3 north 3-5 south) and he seemed really apologetic for all the cancellations.  He also pointed out that futurecast radar is still showing snow reaching Boston and north but he doesn't believe it.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I haven’t gotten to host that many high level conference calls, so I can only say it’s just Maggie Hassan during the NH 301 in 2015. If LePage or Sununu has been lurking on a conference call during winter, I didn’t know about it.

What that the race with severe storms around on Sunday?  I seem to remember a day like that up there not to long ago.

FWIW, we're getting some legit heavy snow right now in HVN -  OK, let's say it's heavy-ish, anyway. At least it looks like a winter storm out the window, and more-or-less matches the radar for the first time... Heh, take what you can get from this piece of shlop pseudo-storm...

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wonder how far NW that stuff over Jimmy crack corn will make it.

That stuff is the beginning of the final run this storm is making at us...there's still a chance someone gets a good band in eastern areas. Prob struggles to get much NW of GHG...but you never know.

3 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

Connecticut tv viewers who don't get their snow are worse than Philly sports fans who booed santa claus at the vet years ago.

Yet. it seems like 99% of those people are damning/screaming at mets with they call for another snowstorm. Can't win.

If it snows people will complain about how much they hate snow, if it doesn't they will complain because it didn't snow. 

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah apparently I single handedly destroyed a kids music program because they cancelled their evening concert. 

Also, roads are apparently snow covered in that town currently. 

That was ridiculous. You got thick skin, dude. BTW, I daresay it's borderline heavy snow now in Hamden.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Holy phuck..

01017G28KT 1/8SM R06/2000V3000FT +SN FG VV003
    00/00 A2964 RMK AO2 PK WND 03033/0231 SLP036 SNINCR 5/12 P0023
    60040 T00000000 51001=

Destroyed... My family lives in islip. Will have to check in with them tomorrow

15 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah apparently I single handedly destroyed a kids music program because they cancelled their evening concert. 

Also, roads are apparently snow covered in that town currently. 

I'm a former cable news producer.  My advice...contact the woman.  Do a feature story on the kids music program.  Then be the guest of honor at their next concert.  Good pr.

As the system stacks and accelerates, would there not be potential for the heavy snow in LI to scrape across parts of se MA late tonight? I envisage a sharp cutoff just north of BOS southwest to Newport RI, but bands of 5-10" snowfalls across se MA, Cape Cod. Probably 1-3" max north of that line though. 

Archived