Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

I can't believe BWI is still operating. 

One flight just took off for Cancun.  Those people are either overly delighted, or, if they're members of this board, bitterly disappointed in the timing.

16 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

That sounds right.  I figure about 1.5" yesterday and probably approaching 4.5" today now.  Also was surprised when shoveling that the snow wasn't wet and heavy.

Yeah that jives with what estimate. Flake size has gone down in the last 20 mins but still close to heavy rates (0.25mi vis). Just measured 5.5” of new snow!

M6.0" storm total Reisterstown, 1.0" last hour.  Snow is still SN borderline SN+ at times.  

Light rates and almost seems sunny outside. Think this one might be wrapping up way early, at least in terms of actual accumulations.

Looks like the winds are flipping to the NW on the surface obs.  Probably ~6 hours left on this storm.

It's been snowing without fail since 7AM here in Hyattsville. 3.5" on paved surfaces, which caved last. Colder spots like grass and railings have 4 to 5".  Overall, this is awesome - haven't seen inside the beltway look this snowy since 2016! Took a jebwalk, here are some pics I took around noon, if the board doesn't explode:

8fbPHLRZyqph8PNoXfpl9Rmw1rgy1KI8lEuTkA1lZrDwmKiK1Efwmqwt7PMY1r8ZgJuKTNiqzOp1QCKRfheZo5IRU81IIex0Ls8Qx1bU84VAGBnNfmjehpn_Y9vQltn73AIybVJnehOJZZ7tv5qmBDYOYUyRsUx15BErf80tn9Holmal-oR1SWV0ydbr4bvW-EqWpFzdj0zmD453cnS0sixT-q6s4dzWtRq6WZKNxwPUOW4XY771pirTIMM65eWuT1ZTkk_QbOKy1XAhr78o9zaIxKFmLtjLAgkKPRdjtzUFE5mjC3pJ0r2CAMGZiegWursQeDHrbOynxr-aXOF-6YUVXh2ibqkAYQHtjzB_t4vFgOPs2UALj5S1aOnyDJt2beSuq25p_pNsC-JAc2nR2JpfbiCTKUtYHGtfD5G_PorqWMnWw8iOx4oOruZvgM3aFgPm0Jmn62ntFhi1iYj460YlHlOQ6qM2G8rI0qOS3oHfieLM1ODNCkp3lVJ6aCG0pX6K3pBNkBFBBCf6I5rEpzdikV7mZe7F6zJXoy1Ev6AZgxwUYLp_a_vbxAHPNGOjOjatGl1e4yVOIJz6MS1TpuFf7pv6vNRTSPQQ0a4=w713-h950-no

NzNTPbPUayqVx9WbtPjH4UqmJ05Vt4cE6zi7Ah7YUgpD7SSbxmxtxQ4dFKGajWNaQnvkevnS8LUsp3yajv-7kk6Wc3FHQFAdGtfGILTKTpWHz8L86NpurY9qoEYUxjdXMPpUDNYR_o4X5bOZRPafx_wrcjR-rEfTIi9b-mtAdwCK2CU0SoRM2yQqDsd9e60jXhpfIuKWwEm310oObmQFfN1-N_y_n9L49mDVqx83IXOSqP3ErA1YRSW_WNgPh3-VM8bfCAs6xLRCwRWMsNVl2JxTnfb9-A2kuQdDTlBFlLdMccmn3UZO4mStu6wrNo-s_jkxQLtBgD6tJ2EQrReQaBkuu0BMl8aC0IBD-aL7xoB9wshCJQ8SZ1SrcSJj0LVFex_JaUhAkgp8kZg1sA_ETHPJPWYK6CpFYAVeb3Kco8KKcdvZQVqhdos1_2dCXzfLZK7NjZrgHRmWz1fIRxY170v9aYpTdYvSnrbfVYq7ZLqsEEL8pTs4MTwescVddUJJXEUzoGXkdmx_c8MBB5Himo5qV0gNKfyJji_2IqafNYarGl232uqYuLzdKw6XKQw-I5de2AIJUHgDQcBj2f2_L0V4vNsvqy7MvwSfEdM=w1267-h950-no

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Light rates and almost seems sunny outside. Think this one might be wrapping up way early, at least in terms of actual accumulations.

Just enjoy the storm man, the radar still looks great for several more hours of snow.

Just under 4" in Gaithersburg.

D4rNtGD.png

SO close to warning level snow. Not sure if I actually achieve it. Was really hopeful this would be my first warning level event ever.

5.1 inches measured in SE DC, just across the river... compaction is now hurting things tho so I'll measure again later but not expecting much more on the tally - maybe another inch.

It is still moderately snowing though, as it has all morning, but temp is now above freezing, at 33.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Site is going down again...

I just slant sticked around my yard and I think it's safe to say we're up over 5" in fair lakes are of fairfax.

I’m over near the Govt center.  It’s been pixie dust for a couple of hours. Just picked up a little now.  

I haven’t been able to get on this site for a while. Having weather withdrawals!