• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NovaTarHeel said:

I'm tossing the GFS until the Euro crashes the party, or until the GFS looks as good as the euro.

the southern vort certainly looks better with wave 2.  just not sure how the NS looks.  the mets may need to chime in to clear out the mud.

wave 2 might be warm as well tbh.
also, not a big fan of that closed low in the upper midwest.  looks like an epic setup, but just not sure who would win in this scenario:
https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=z500_vort&runtime=2018031612&fh=114
we need the euro to show something cleaner.
Western Maryland and much of interior PA. Looks to move fairly quick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Just now, stormtracker said:

Not as bad as people are making it out to be

I tried to provide reasonable and rational analysis. I also think my gut instincts are right so I'll save some people some heartache if they listen to me...just forget about the warm air advection with the front runner. FORGET ABOUT IT. If someone can't get over failing on that then they need to jump onto reddit or something. 

If evolving parts are being depicted correctly, this could be a highly anomalous event. First wave is all WAA. Nothing more than a mix, perhaps start as wet snow then rain. 500 trough is juiced up. Jet energy gets loaded and if it captures could be quite a dump of snow not to mention wind and tidal issues for pretty much everyone from VA to ME. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I tried to provide reasonable and rational analysis. I also think my gut instincts are right so I'll save some people some heartache if they listen to me...just forget about the warm air advection with the front runner. FORGET ABOUT IT. If someone can't get over failing on that then they need to jump onto reddit or something. 

I was sitting here and I'm like..wait..don't they know that front runner stuff was always going to be rain on the GFS?

Archived