• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ji

I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

This will work out  because its actually going to be on the last day of winter or early spring. GGEM

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_35.png

GFS

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_34.png

Euro

image.png.653528a9cba1f113c4052880c32fd37f.png

• Like 1

also...none of the models look very inspiring 9 days out....maybe thats a good sign...lol

We dont have weenie snow maps of 20 inches or 10 inches....just a very bland looking event right now...thats how boston starts their storm tracking..it looks bland...and then 2 days before storm starts..its 18-24 inches. Someone pin this!

We don't get real snow in late March, the only thing we get are "Nice Try" storms, which we have been getting all winter. 

2 hours ago, mappy said:

If this fails, can you please go back into hiding? 

you know me. Im gone from April to November

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, yoda said:

12z EURO laughs at Ji

EPS laughs back in your face

image.png.6d01f8445d2423245b8d739cf603ee7c.png

1 minute ago, Ji said:

EPS laughs back in your face

image.png.6d01f8445d2423245b8d739cf603ee7c.png

Dude it shows 5inches in NC. That has 0 historical precedence lol. Not going to happen.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

Dude it shows 5inches in NC. That has 0 historical precedence lol. Not going to happen.

NC has had plenty of late March and even April snowstorms.  In 1983, from April 18-22, snow extended eastward as far as Fayetteville and the mountains picked up 7"

April 4, 1987 also dropped several inches across the western part of the state.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

NC has had plenty of late March and even April snowstorms.  In 1983, from April 18-22, snow extended eastward as far as Fayetteville and the mountains picked up 7"

April 4, 1987 also dropped several inches across the western part of the state.

I find that so hard to believe. The UV index April 20th is like 8/9 in Fayetteville that late in the year. If you say so...

I think it will happen. Not that I care that much either way but awful winters sometimes lead to a spring snowstorm sneaking up on us that has more snow than anything from the actual winter. See 2013 and 1998.

5 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

I find that so hard to believe. The UV index April 20th is like 8/9 in Fayetteville that late in the year. If you say so...

It happens, particularly in the western areas of the state with elevation.  March 30,2003 had more than a foot in the higher elevations.  March 21, 2001 had more than 10".  March 22-23, 1981 had over a foot-and-a-half.  For the eastern areas, an earlier event in 1983, on March 24-25 dropped up to 9".  There are many more examples.

accum.19830325.gif.69b9397fefa0ca260917182150ee62dc.gif

• Like 1

Some of nc is from today lol

I'm tempted to say if this storm hits I don't post in any more winter threads ever.

You already offered that, your forecast failed and still are posting.

• Like 1

And Ji shoots for 0 and 4 in storm threads for the winter. Or is that 0 for 5?

Kind of makes we wonder. Should we be blaming La Nina for this crappy winter? Or should we be looking elsewhere? :o

• Haha 1