Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Disco 3

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, snowmagnet said:

Out of curiousity, what kind of temperatures do we see after this potential storm?  I would hope it could stay around for a few days, but I know it’s not likely because it’s March.  

GFS actually keeps it pretty cold for the following 3 days. Below freezing lows (20s) and highs in mid-30s. Could glaciate. 

Damn GEFS mean is nice at 500mb. Close to a full phase like the Op. I wish I trusted the GEFS more this year instead of having it just be a carbon copy of the Op, or in this case, it looks like the GEFS is playing catch up with the Op.

2 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

12z Navgem has basically no storm whatsoever anywhere in the CONUS for Sunday. I don't buy it but it's worth noting. 

If NWS is basing their forecast on the navgem then Trump must have implemented some new marching orders. Maybe he decided the other guidance was fake news. 

Nice GEPS run.  Snowfall mean imby doubled to about 4" (assuming 10:1), and 11/21 members give me at least 1" of snow.  Some big hits, including one that gives me more than 3 feet of snow.

There are some southern misses, but it looks like the northern areas are actually more favored.  I think the MSLP map should be good when it comes out.

Just now, Amped said:

Not digging the NW Territories wave as fast as the GFS though. Going to be close.

Yeah not as quick as the GFS with the Northern Vort.  Some semblence of a southern vort so theres that.

Archived