Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

let me save some folks trouble:

• Buy extra product for your grocery store because you know how the public reacts when they get wind of 12-24" snow totals
  • Plan to have your commute impacted Weds PM/Thurs AM - work from home if that's an option
  • Any planned flights during the time frame will likely be impacted

Did I miss anything?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tunafish said:

let me save some folks trouble:

• Buy extra product for your grocery store because you know how the public reacts when they get wind of 12-24" snow totals
  • Plan to have your commute impacted Weds PM/Thurs AM - work from home if that's an option
  • Any planned flights during the time frame will likely be impacted

Did I miss anything?

Beer

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The euro verbatim is like 33-35 degrees the whole time here. Those weenie algorithms follow the 925 isotherm nicely near PYM.  You could argue Tw to near 32, but man that is close.

925 is def colder on Euro than GFS by a decent amount...that would argue for paste pretty far SE...the clown maps def show it.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I do like the look of the large circulation for a western band way out.  That's why the EURO track works here and the NAM track puts it over like central New York from BGM to SLK, lol.

Ramp up some ratios in that thing hopefully for the powder hounds. Can clearly see it on the QPF fields going up VT, removed from the other area of forcing closer to the coast.  Probably a nice deform band running up western New England.

YApzUvu.png

Ratios should be better towards you so more for less in that regard, here, Most looks to fall overnight when its colder, So i may do better then 10:1 maybe up to 12:1 or so, Looking at GYX's snow map, Its 12-18" here right now but those will probably change.

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's close...your area over eastward to the south shore is def going to have some issues I think, but it just depends on how bad they are and how long. Very close.

Still looks like over an inch frozen this run... but barely. It’s about 25 miles away from being a nothingburger.

That was a good shift west on the euro.... still 2 days for that to come even more west.

Ill wait until tonight, but I’ve learned my lesson from the last storm. I’m not going to waste time tracking a marginal situation that will ultimately rain 

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Still looks like over an inch frozen this run... but barely. It’s about 25 miles away from being a nothingburger.

That was a good shift west on the euro.... still 2 days for that to come even more west.

Ill wait until tonight, but I’ve learned my lesson from the last storm. I’m not going to waste time tracking a marginal situation that will ultimately rain 

Even if first half was rain, would be an interesting flip to wet snow with strong winds. I would accept having some ptype issues for a time.

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This.  I'll wait until 12z tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

2 days the storm is half over 

And no one uses the term nothingburger.. no one 

3 minutes ago, CarverWX said:

So it looks like we get 1.5" of rain then a switch to some nuance snow at the end down here if i am reading the models right?

Yup.......... sucks. I knew yesterdays 12z EURO wouldn't hold.  Hoping for the windshield wiper to tick back east.

Archived