Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Mark Rosenthal looked a lot younger 25 years ago.  Then again who didn’t?

Up in my Lab days we used to call him both, "Mark Froze-then-thawed" and "Mark Frozenskull" because it seemed whenever you needed a winter storm fix, he was your man!

Back in like 1994 .. I was at a house party one night and some other kids were there talking about how they toured Channel ..I think it was 5 CBS at the time.  Anyway, they went into the weather station there and Froze-then-thawed was sitting there, hippy long hair ...wearing Hawaiian shorts with a shirt/tie and blazer over top. He was totally dope (yo), engaging with them like Brad Pitt's character in the movie "True Romance"   ... yeah dudes... totally way cool ... Then, rather abruptly out of nowhere, he stands up and says be right back. He steps on camera with his blazer over shorts, does the "Teaser" quickly returning to his seat 10 seconds later,  ... so anyway... what was I say'  ..oh, then it was killer rad man...

They said they loved him as there weather guy, instantly, and would watch no others.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Back in like 1994 .. I was at a house party one night and some other kids were there talking about how they toured Channel ..I think it was 5 CBS at the time.  Anyway, they went into the weather station there and Froze-then-thawed was sitting there, hippy long hair ...wearing Hawaiian shorts with a shirt/tie and blazer over top, and we was talking to them like Brad Pitt's character in the movie "True Romance"   ... yeah dudes... totally way cool ... Then, rather abruptly out of nowhere, he stands up and says be right back. He steps on camera with his blazer over shorts, does the "Teaser" and comes back 20 seconds later,  ... so anyway... what was I say'  ..oh, then it was killer rad man...

They said they loved him as there weather guy, instantly, and would watch no others.

I spent the day with him and Bob Copeland as part of a high school project back in 1983. Both were gracious and good people 

Archived