Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right and that ICON is doing precisely the same thing... it's showing more phasing - 

this whole thing is becoming a tutorial exercise in that one specific factor alone - wow...

It may also be a warm bomb ... that's never been removed from this .. but hopefully everyone is fully cognizant and thinking about that - huh :)

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Right and that ICON is doing precisely the same thing... it's showing more phasing - 

this whole thing is becoming a tutorial exercise in that one specific factor alone - wow...

It may also be warm bomb ... that's never been removed from this .. but hopefully everyone is fully cognizant and thinking about that - huh :)

Yeah the northern stream s/w is very critical to the outcome.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It may also be warm bomb ... that's never been removed from this .. but hopefully everyone is fully cognizant and thinking about that - huh :)

IF we get a system as tucked nto the coastline as the ICON, then we're def getting a lot of rain.

That solution has been the extreme fringe of guidance though considering a lot of other guidance is struglging to get this N of the benchmark...but yeah, if that were to happen, we're talking a lot of rain.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

IF we get a system as tucked nto the coastline as the ICON, then we're def getting a lot of rain.

That solution has been the extreme fringe of guidance though considering a lot of other guidance is struglging to get this N of the benchmark...but yeah, if that were to happen, we're talking a lot of rain.

I like seeing it that amped.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Since I've been looking at that model I've noticed a northern bias.  Not saying its always there but seems to have some amplified solutions in then day 2 to 5 range. 

There was less northern stream interaction this run but the shortwave was more compact and a bit farther north with less energy flying ahead of itso it ends up pretty nice. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Plus ...at least from my perspective I have less on-going experience with this particular model. I don't know if has any BL biases...  say, like the GFS. Or ...how does i handle dynamic hole punching... It does seem that it's puking rain there like a typhoid Marry through a synoptic appeal that's not exactly balmy at 850 and given the usual suspects in that sort of synoptic evolution ... a sounding that isn't exactly warm in general.  

I dunno -

Archived