Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Anyone feeling any more confident on any solution? Lol the definitive posts here and their I told you sos.  It is a clusterf right now. The weenies on the bus go round and round.

GFS is plausible, NAM is plausible, ICON is plausible, Euro is plausible. 

Regarding this GFS run, Brian Jeff, Gene, Whites getting a monster storm. Pf Too. 

Rain in coastal Maine?  Sorry....on phone.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can pick out any one model run out and say this is the most likely scenario, Right now, It is still being sorted out, But you get a real clean stronger/earlier phase, And these northern solutions can happen, There are going to be some that get hosed by the eventual outcome, No getting out of it.

It's easy to have an opinion...I did, and do.

It's easy. Whether the opinion is wrong or right is TBD.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's easy to have an opinion...I did, and do.

It's easy. Whether the opinion is wrong or right is TBD.

We all have them, Wanting more of a phase with the northern stream s/w is a careful what you wish for scenario, Of course if you got a middle ground scenario everyone wins, But you already saw what happen when the phase misses and when you get something sooner.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

We all have them, Wanting more of a phase with the northern stream s/w is a careful what you wish for scenario, Of course if you got a middle ground scenario everyone wins, But you already saw what happen when the phase misses and when you get something sooner.

Yea, this idea can be wrong...certainly. Been wrong before and will be again.  That's life.

One thing about the GFS that was giving me pause was VBG launched a balloon right into the southern shortwave, and observations were like 10 dm higher than modeled. Not a good sign for the GFS run.

Except, NCEP purged all heights from that VBG run for being too high. Something must've failed on the sonde.

Archived