Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

Just now, JC-CT said:

Are you saying there will be no rain?

I ve been saying to clients for 2 days.. this is most likely a storm that starts as rain and flips over during Friday to a crushing , heavy wet snow. Elevations favored, but even coasts and valleys flip to snow at some point. I just don’t know if that’s Friday morning or afternoon or when. That is the hardest part to figure  

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Are you saying a Rainer is happening?

Happening?  Not quite sure yet given the disparity in models, but given the background atmospheric conditions, I would hedge in that direction. We are relying on dynamics to cool the atmosphere and we will need an optimal track for thito occur.  The GFS and GEFS are not that.  There would be some backend snows but nothing prolific and not before a lot of front end rain.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

A lot of the GEFS members do actually give some decent CCB snows once the system sinks SE to the benchmark...so looking at the 72 hour panels can be a bit deceptive. This isn't over Ginxy on it's way to PWM...it goes SE and still has a ton of easterly flow.

Never argued otherwise.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Happening?  Not quite sure yet given the disparity in models, but given the background atmospheric conditions, I would hedge in that direction. We are relying on dynamics to cool the atmosphere and we will need an optimal track for thito occur.  The GFS and GEFS are not that.  There would be some backend snows but nothing prolific and not before a lot of front end rain.

Archived