Total Members
    Most Online
    ISeekSnow
    Newest Member
    ISeekSnow
moneypitmike

The Pope's 'And There You Have It" SWFE Feb 7 2018

43 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

kdxken, just for you....I busted a bit too high on snowfall...I know how much you love when I'm wrong. :lol:

Jk...all good.

Well,  there wasn't really a met or none met out there that really nailed the snowfall.  Underperformer for what appeared to be a juiced SWFE. 

46 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

kdxken, just for you....I busted a bit too high on snowfall...I know how much you love when I'm wrong. :lol:

Jk...all good.

Everyone did.

Ride home from Manchester went from 30f and peaked out at 33f in Wilimantic.  At 32f here in Brooklyn. 

Glazed donuts for breakfast, and glazed trees for dinner.

1 minute ago, snowgeek said:

Now 50/50 snow/IP.  27/27.  Slowly going back to snow.  Sleet went from clear to more frosted and chunky...almost graupely.  Some snow grains mixed in too. 

See my post above

1 minute ago, tunafish said:

GYX calling for 9" in PWM with their 4PM update.  I'm at 4.2" now and I don't see how we make it to 9" before that sleet line racing up 95 gets here.

Yeah its not happening. About 4.4" here and some pinging in Ogunquit near Wells line.

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Visibility is up big time on the Stratton cam so sleet made it way up into southern Vermont. 

still snow on the cams at Okemo. Your sleet line is somewhere in between

3 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

Now 50/50 snow/IP.  27/27.  Slowly going back to snow.  Sleet went from clear to more frosted and chunky...almost graupely.  Some snow grains mixed in too. 

Yep, can see the mix line sliding SE on Dual Pol pretty clearly, could pick up a couple inches I would think as ENX radar looks pretty good NW of mix line for some nice bursts.

Mix line looks like it got within a mile or two of my house..had some Pingers mix in, but mostly SN the whole time.

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Visibility is up big time on the Stratton cam so sleet made it way up into southern Vermont. 

I've been looking at the Stratton and Mount Snow cams obsessively.  Does seem that some sleet made it to Stratton, but only in the last 30 minutes or so.  Trying to decide if it will affect conditions much.  If it's just a bit of sleet in a big snow pack, probably won't make much difference.  If there is any crust, it could be an issue.  Wondering if I should consider Okemo/Killington tomorrow (I have a MAX pass).

By the way, congratulate me on my 1000th post.

Changeover to mostly IP has occurred.  Combination of IP and what appear to be ultra tiny flakes.

Just now, Sugarloaf1989 said:

2" of snow here with 0.30" of ice. My dad's car is ice encased:

ice (Medium).JPG

dad's got a :pimp: ride

5 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Changeover to mostly IP has occurred.  Combination of IP and what appear to be ultra tiny flakes.

Watching the NH Ch 9 news right now and they are showing Concord NH. Vis is way up so mix line has made it far north. Manchester NH is straight ZR as their on air Met is reporting outside and said no IP just freezing rain.