Newest Member
    joxey
Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's an obvious CAD setup....look at the high position and the kink in the isobars as the low approaches...it's nothing like the previous storm yesterday. That said, if this goes another 100 miles west from even tonight's runs, then we will still warm sector eventually....but this is pretty classic CAD look.

Feb6_00zNAM.gif

I guess at the very  onset. But I think the real issue is all the surface HP out over the western Atlantic. It looks like the surface winds are mostly out of the east, as a result. On top of that, there’s no place for this to escape east around our latitude...

I guess there’s subjectivity here, but H5 doesn’t look like a good CAD setup in my book at all.

Of course, my hidden hope is that my 2:40 flight out of BDL gets cancelled 'forcing' me to stay home for the snow.  Looks good for warning levels at both Pit1 and 2 and a couple good hours south of the Pike before the tainting takes place.  

Once again, BOX has forgotten that GC borders VT, not NH.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow is expected to develop by midday and
  will be heavy at times in the afternoon and evening. Snowfall
  rates of 1 inch per hour are possible. The snow may mix with or
  even change to a period of sleet and freezing rain toward
  Wednesday evening, with mostly snow near the New Hampshire
  Border. Precipitation will taper off around midnight.

13.3*

Crazy thermal gradient in the mid-levels in NNE... Euro max temp between 850-700mb looks like 0C to -1C at like DDH-CON while up here it's -8C to -10C.  

Should be some nice snow growth up in northern tier. Veering flow with SE low level flow blocked because of SW flow off the deck, should really help Eastern slopes wring it out.

Guidance definitely sped up the onset a little. I mentioned yesterday that we do get that behavior sometimes in these events. Looks like most of CNE and SNE are snowing before noontime now. Prob a bit after 12z in places like far western MA and W CT. 

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Guidance definitely sped up the onset a little. I mentioned yesterday that we do get that behavior sometimes in these events. Looks like most of CNE and SNE are snowing before noontime now. Prob a bit after 12z in places like far western MA and W CT. 

You think it's snowing by 8:00am. at BDL?  When do you think they'll be transitioning to rain?  My flights at 2:40.

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yesterday's local mid-day news was talking about a flip back to snow after the rain.  Is this still in the cards, and if so to what extent (length of time & extent geographically north to south, any accumulation)?

Archived