Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hes awesome, best ever, lot of whiny entitled fans though, wait until that regression to the means happens, talk about epic meltdowns

You guys had an awesome run.  It speaks to the need to be in the moment, and enjoy things while they are happening and not always putting energy to the next thing (like some of the weenies focusing on the next day 7 snowstorm while the current one is still falling).  A lesson I keep learning....reinforced this week as I soak up the joy in Eagles Nation.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mahk_webstah said:

You guys had an awesome run.  It speaks to the need to be in the moment, and enjoy things while they are happening and not always putting energy to the next thing (like some of the weenies focusing on the next day 7 snowstorm while the current one is still falling).  A lesson I keep learning....reinforced this week as I soak up the joy in Eagles Nation.

I am a Giants fan Marko, by the way congrats, so awesome

So far I have 68.1 inches on the season.  On this date last year I got 3 inches to bring my season total to 49.7 inches.  (I ended last season at 106.6 (20 inches more in Feb, 24.8 in March, and 10.8 in April). 

So I am running 20 inches ahead of last year.  No complaints here other than the $150 bill the plow guy just left for coming yesterday and today.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

We had an amazing signal on all guidance and pfft!

So Jerry, about 10 days ago you told me I’d probably be proven wrong with my idea that the coldest weather of the winter was behind us....you still feeling that way??  I think the cold we had in late December and early January was the peak as far as cold goes...we aren’t seeing that again this year imo. 

3 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

I was actually real close to joining you guys tomorrow.    

Could not make the funds work though which is why I never got into the conversation in the other thread (was waiting until the last minute to see about some bills I had to pay), plus I am an intermediate skier and would not be able to ski with you guys.

$38 tix if you have gear (on Liftopia)

1 hour ago, klw said:

So far I have 68.1 inches on the season.  On this date last year I got 3 inches to bring my season total to 49.7 inches.  (I ended last season at 106.6 (20 inches more in Feb, 24.8 in March, and 10.8 in April). 

So I am running 20 inches ahead of last year.  No complaints here other than the $150 bill the plow guy just left for coming yesterday and today.

I feel like there's a good zone relative to normal in S/C VT and eastern VT and I'd assume into adjacent NH.  Same with southern Adirondacks.  Some latitude band there.

Looking good for another round of NNE snows.  It has been quite the last 7-10 days between a few synoptic events and some squalls, etc. 

Measured 27" at Stowe in the past week... Killington with 36" as S/C VT has been in the jackpot (aside from Jay Peak which bucks that trend with 47" this week).

Euro is similar to the American guidance with a stripe of 3-6" across NNE.  Long duration WAA snows basically.

GFS gone wild at 18z for sure.

T28csuj.png

NAM

BAApRGn.png

Archived