• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

I think this is gonna come down to a nowcast event for a lot of us/places. How does it all come together will be key imo.  It’s certainly a different feel with this.  

And the idea of this looking to run longer(Extend)  like a poster in N. CT  was saying yesterday evening, has not materialized at all.  Basically a 6-8 hour window of accumulating snow for most places (except NW CT) is about it.   

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think BOX may have cut back a little too much in SW 'burbs of BOS...like Walpole/Foxoboro/Sharon...I think they'll get more than 2-3".

We'll see though...they've done a pretty good job this year overall.

What are you guessing for your hood?

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

What are you guessing for your hood?

I'm thinking 4-7" in Holliston....5-8" for Winter hill in ORH.

Not a high confidence forecast...but I've been bearish on the advancement of the BL warm tongue since the beginning. Like I think that area I just mentioned SW of BOS will not see taint...or if they do, it will be inconsequential near the end.

35 minutes ago, DomNH said:

It's going to be a 2-5'' needle job east of 91 where it stays all now as people post "this storm blows" all morning long isn't it. 

I swear ...sometimes these things seem like they are willed into existence by the fervent passion of the obsessive codependents ...ha.   Either way, it's an event that's spraying solutions all over the place by some models, with max QPF nodes next to nadirs, mere townships apart and never in the same spot the next cycle either.

My experience with that is that it usually under performs, and spit, band-aide and shoe laces cobbling together events by the models ... they tend to disappoint.  .. But, we'll see...  Perhaps the we'll get a more congealed rad presentation out of this.  It just wouldn't shock me if the whole lot of it is over forecast - not that anyone has any choice in the matter.

42 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I think this is gonna come down to a nowcast event for a lot of us/places. How does it all come together will be key imo.  It’s certainly a different feel with this.  

And the idea of this looking to run longer(Extend)  like a poster in N. CT  was saying yesterday evening, has not materialized at all.  Basically a 6-8 hour window of accumulating snow for most places (except NW CT) is about it.   

Huh? It’s been in NW CT all day and it snows until mid/late pm tomorrow. What are you missing,

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm thinking 4-7" in Holliston....5-8" for Winter hill in ORH.

Not a high confidence forecast...but I've been bearish on the advancement of the BL warm tongue since the beginning. Like I think that area I just mentioned SW of BOS will not see taint...or if they do, it will be inconsequential near the end.

Do you think the models could be too far west with max amounts? I know yesterday you were bullish of w/f getting just on a line from SE CT up to SE Mass.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do you think the models could be too far west with max amounts? I know yesterday you were bullish of w/f getting just on a line from SE CT up to SE Mass.

Possibly too heavy...I do thinkt here will be at least one max out west due to the initial inverted trough setting up there. But I am a bit skeptical of them getting slammed after 12z tomorrow. OR at least slammed as hard as some guidance.

I don't think the Temperatures are going to be the problem here for the Boston area southwest to Hartford. It's obvious that the colder solutions are going to win out.  It's going to be a precipitation problem.  Unless these two precip shields blossom/gel into one at the right time, we will see two seperate entities that will never really get going and the dendrite formation will be lousy.  I hope this isn't the case.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Huh? It’s been in NW CT all day and it snows until mid/late pm tomorrow. What are you missing,

Kevin,  this is not An extended event as you touted last evening. It wasn’t looking like that last evening either...that’s just an exaggeration. 

And I mentioned NW CT in my post and said they are the exception...other than that area...  you and I won’t start snowing until well after midnight 2-3 am most likely.and it’ll be over(accumulating snow) by noon or 1:00 pm. Sure there may be a few flakes in the air after that...but that’s not accumulating snow.

Ryan says a 6 hour window of best snow for the area...nothing “extended” about that.  

If Ryan is wrong, and it’s still snowing and accumulating come 3-4 o clock tomorrow afternoon...I’ll be the first to say you were absolutely correct...And I was wrong.  

I think it’s important to keep our expectations very in check with this(4-6 inches is reasonable inland in western/central CT), expecting  any more than that for most except NW areas, might be a disappointment.  But we will see?

Archived