Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’d put money on more negative busts than anything. People can try to talk this thing into a good storm all they want.. but there are plenty of factors that could limit accumulations in a good amount of places. Maybe it works out and everyone does pretty well, but I’m bot Convinced.

Someone is going to get dry slotted pretty good I think as well. Obviously hard to pin down right now.

loaded with caution flags even back this way....strongly agreed

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I haven't had a chance to look at anything today...if everything is trending colder, what is shoving the higher amounts west, the mid levels?

I'm not sure actually...the mid-levels aren't that impressive on this...there's sort of an inverted trough initially out west, like prior to 12z which will focus some light to moderate snows...but then it tries to blow up a precip max there after that on some guidance...I'm sort of skeptical on it, but maybe it works out. The lower mid-levels (like 850-900) do try and form a bent back WF, but it tracks closer to the coast, and I think that is where some heavier amounts could occur...just to the N and NW of it.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm not sure actually...the mid-levels aren't that impressive on this...there's sort of an inverted trough initially out west, like prior to 12z which will focus some light to moderate snows...but then it tries to blow up a precip max there after that on some guidance...I'm sort of skeptical on it, but maybe it works out. The lower mid-levels (like 850-900) do try and form a bent back WF, but it tracks closer to the coast, and I think that is where some heavier amounts could occur...just to the N and NW of it.

Regardless of what happens out west, I don't like the colder trends...I'm losing the mechanism to drive forcing IMBY.

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’d put money on more negative busts than anything. People can try to talk this thing into a good storm all they want.. but there are plenty of factors that could limit accumulations in a good amount of places. Maybe it works out and everyone does pretty well, but I’m bot Convinced.

Someone is going to get dry slotted pretty good I think as well. Obviously hard to pin down right now.

Sometimes you have to look at the setup, look at the synoptics and ask what is making these models run so warm. To me I fully expected models to get colder as the day wore on, and they did. What is a caveat is the energy and PWAT coming out of the southern stream., how does that all play out. Is there a dry slot, where does it set up, how does a potential coastal front enhancement work out? The initial push is obvious in Western New England to pump up there totals , we will see how the rest of us end up. There was a quick reverse on NWS part, not sure it was warranted.

29 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

Dec 92 is so anomalous but I would have loved to see Berks footage (orh did awesome but I know a few places in the berks had up to 4 feet)....I was generally referring more the valley for comparison

also the 1/11-12/2011 storm which dropped 15-22 inches here in the valley did produce some totals to 40 inches in the berks....this event often goes uncredited in extreme snowfall for those select towns.....the best meat was further south into ct were 2 foot totals were average with amounts to near 30 inches s/central ct

Yeah. Pete (Ski Mrg) had some ridiculous amounts in that.  

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sometimes you have to look at the setup, look at the synoptics and ask what is making these models run so warm. To me I fully expected models to get colder as the day wore on, and they did. What is a caveat is the energy and PWAT coming out of the southern stream., how does that all play out. Is there a dry slot, where does it set up, how does a potential coastal front enhancement work out? The initial push is obvious in Western New England to pump up there totals , we will see how the rest of us end up. There was a quick reverse on NWS part, not sure it was warranted.

I think Western portion of the area is a much safer play obviously.

Kevin to ORH to Ray seem to be in the question zone... Kevin especially.

I could easily see him getting 2 or 3 inches of baking powder crap snow.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

They will do fine. I’ll take the over on 2-3

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol.. there’s no question here or there. Not in anyone’s mind who knows what to look for 

Archived