Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Days and days of snow disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

NoPoles/upper cape area has gotten porked so far..even more than me. The big difference was 6" here and 1" towards the canal during the blizzard..such a gradient. Reminds me of 10/11 a bit, at least with the gradient

Unfortunately, this was expected pre season. The gulf stream giveth and taketh. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Unfortunately, this was expected pre season. The gulf stream giveth and taketh. 

but she is more likely at some point to see snowfall totals and rates and depth from a monster storm that will blow away anything folks in the western part of the state will ever see

This is a strange looking "storm"to me

I really like NW N.J (to EEN) over to NW (of ALB) back to Binghamton for best snows. 5-9"

I beleive over to MHT(maybe to ASH) and Sw maine do fine as well. (4-7"). That first batch of snows hits some of the above mentioned areas for like 6-8hrs prior to people S.E of a HFD-ORH-LWM (seeing anything)

I would go conservative for BOS-495 back to ORH due to potential lack of QPF. This system seems pretty fast for people that dont see much of anything before 7am. (First batch) not much of a temp gradient over the coastal front area either.

I see a potential screwgie area from Tolland to Ray and dont got a ton of confidence SE of that line due to QPF and or Temp concerns (S.CT to logan apt)

12 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

NWS backed my totals down 3-7.  Makes more sense, but I imagine being on the low end of that. Maybe 4.

Is MPM stealing your snow again?

This seems pretty straightforward where I am.  No risk of taint really, quick hitter, in and out burger.   4-6" is my call still

25 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

but she is more likely at some point to see snowfall totals and rates and depth from a monster storm that will blow away anything folks in the western part of the state will ever see

Well, to be fair, western NE gets its fair share of powder bombs.  Dec 92 had 42" in Princeton, MA (which is really centrall Mass).

But the coast can get lit up a la 2015 and it wouldnt be powder. 
They also can do wind much better.  

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Is MPM stealing your snow again?

This seems pretty straightforward where I am.  No risk of taint really, quick hitter, in and out burger.   4-6" is my call still

I am envisioning more rain than what NWS is showing.  I don't think I will hit the warning criteria. Maybe less than 4.

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This is a strange looking "storm"to me

I really like NW N.J (to EEN) over to NW (of ALB) back to Binghamton for best snows. 5-9"

I beleive over to MHT(maybe to ASH) and Sw maine do fine as well. (4-7"). That first batch of snows hits some of the above mentioned areas for like 6-8hrs prior to people S.E of a HFD-ORH-LWM (seeing anything)

I would go conservative for BOS-495 back to ORH due to potential lack of QPF. This system seems pretty fast for people that dont see much of anything before 7am. (First batch) not much of a temp gradient over the coastal front area either.

I see a potential screwgie area from Tolland to Ray and dont got a ton of confidence SE of that line due to QPF and or Temp concerns (S.CT to logan apt)

Glad we don’t use your forecasts 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

AWT... box cut way back Ray ORH TOL and points SE.

makes a lot more sense now 

Yeah, it looks more in line with the more recent guidance, as compared to previous guidance.

Amazing how that happens, seemingly every time.

Archived