Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

CMC is a little like the Euro with the jack:  SNJ/DE/ then Down East.  It's not paltry in between like the EC but then general look is there.

lol, You would take note of that, I wouldn't worry about qpf this far out, Just get it west first and then it will all play out.

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

lol, You would take note of that, I wouldn't worry about qpf this far out, Just get it west first and then it will all play out.

Ray was commenting on that element of the EC run as being wonky, that's why I brought it up.

I'm not holding my breath on this one.  I wish I could be at Pit2.  

At first when reading some of these reaction .. I was ready to assume the CMC is merely over-doing the forcing back west ...  I was already formulating a post ... something like, 'I don't see that solution as being more consolidated with a coherent westerly correction overall... ' blah blah.  But, upon looking, it actually DOES have a more consolidated, coherent circulation back west. 

We're inside of D4.5 and the Euro operational is pretty proven well enough in that time of lead time range to nod pretty automatically in that favor. So, if this 12z does a CMC correction, that would be unusual.

Otherwise, this honestly to me is beginning to remind me of that 2014 storm that happened ... I think it was in late March that year? It was modeled for several days to be a big bomb and pass oh so tantalizingly close to New England. It really would have taken almost nothing of a perturbation to get the atmosphere to bring the goods but it just did not ever do so, ...  right up to and through verification and it stayed primarily within shouting distance of the shore ...Save the Cape and Islands if memory serves.  'Went on up into NS history books having completed the deliberate and fantastically well- executed design to bend over the storm enthusiasts that frequent this social-media outlet too... haha.

Kidding of course...  But sometimes, you miss the best ones ;) That one was a bitter pill to swallow, too ... cause it wrapped up the last of that season's big cold and we lurched pretty smartly into spring within 10 days of wound licking.

We'll see...  But at this point, I'm already looking upstream and the next pattern permutation and so forth, and await being pleasantly surprised. 

3 minutes ago, MarkO said:

If Ukie is east, does that usually mean the EC will be east as well?

It’s a fairly popular belief, idk if there’s any significant correlation there though. Could just be that if there are meaningful changes that the UK picked up on then the euro would also be likely to catch/show them as well. 

Archived