Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Even if this thing does come west and we end up under the main precip shield.  Accumulation expectations should be tempered.  This thing is absolutely trucking as it passes by.  Would only be a 12-15 hr thump of flakes that are bound to be absolutely mangled by 100 mph winds off the deck.

6-10" of sand

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Even if this thing does come west and we end up under the main precip shield.  Accumulation expectations should be tempered.  This thing is absolutely trucking as it passes by.  Would only be a 12-15 hr thump of flakes that are bound to be absolutely mangled by 100 mph winds off the deck.

I’ll take my chances being in the ‘main precip shield’ ;)

4 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Shocking

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Otherwise, this honestly to me is beginning to remind me of that 2014 storm that happened ... I think it was in late March that year? It was modeled for several days to be a big bomb and pass oh so tantalizingly close to New England. It really would have taken almost nothing of a perturbation to get the atmosphere to bring the goods but it just did not ever do so, ...  right up to and through verification and it stayed primarily within shouting distance of the shore ...Save the Cape and Islands if memory serves.  'Went on up into NS history books having completed the deliberate and fantastically well- executed design to bend over the storm enthusiasts that frequent this social-media outlet too... haha.

I like this analog. That was a huge bomb that had us pulling our hair for days. Also started as a double barrel low before consolidating to the east. Not consigning this one to that bin just yet, but it does bear some similarities.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is my next concern. Any model that brings it close enough doesn’t produce much here... just an observation

I fail to see how this wouldn't go well for you if it tracked close enough like the GGEM.

I don't know your climate that well though, but I don't get how you rain with this look:

cmc_pr6_slp_t850_neng_14.thumb.png.c5246a4598c903d8e315de394fd870f4.png

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is my next concern. Any model that brings it close enough doesn’t produce much here... just an observation

There's still the much talked about sampling thats supposed to clear things up between 0z tonight and 12z tomorrow. As it currently stands, there are too many factors (dual low, late phasing) mucking up a potentially great storm. Best dynamics blow their load west and south of us, then reconsolidate up in Maine/Canada with the parent low. There is still time though.

7 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

If you can get some lift the soundings off the GFS are pretty good looking. DGZ around 700mb and fairly saturated despite the GFS track. Think ratios would by pretty good, wind could be an issue I guess, but its really too early to look that in depth

4 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

There's still the much talked about sampling thats supposed to clear things up between 0z tonight and 12z tomorrow. As it currently stands, there are too many factors (dual low, late phasing) mucking up a potentially great storm. Best dynamics blow their load west and south of us, then reconsolidate up in Maine/Canada with the parent low. There is still time though.

This.... which is why close solutions sill produce junk snow here.

Almost feels like a no win situation at this point 

Archived