Newest Member
    joxey
January 3-4 Storm Thread part II

rduwx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BornAgain13 said:

Is their any way this thing can phase faster and move it significantly west? We know the chances are low, but curiosity is peeked.

It’s hard to imagine it getting much further west but maybe qpf field can expand westward.  We are 60-72 hours out from when phasing needs to occur so I guess you never know.  0z runs will be big to see if we can get anymore improvement.  

4 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Is their any way this thing can phase faster and move it significantly west? We know the chances are low, but curiosity is peeked.

The bell tolls w/ the 12z suite tomorrow, in my opinion. If the models don't shown any more significant jump west then the gig is up for us. But realistically, I think the chances of anything appreciable west of RDU is very small. 

4 minutes ago, snowlover91 said:

GREAT changes at 45. Western ridge is a tick taller, lead wave digging west a bit more and trailing wave is faster and closer. Looks like an earlier phase vs 12z nam. 

Yea this is gonna be real interesting on the Nam in a few mins when it gets out to hr84. Some folks are gonna be smiling.

54 minutes ago, packbacker said:

It’s hard to imagine it getting much further west but maybe qpf field can expand westward.  We are 60-72 hours out from when phasing needs to occur so I guess you never know.  0z runs will be big to see if we can get anymore improvement.  

I remember less than a year ago being marked for over a foot of snow with 12 hours to go, which ended up falling 50 miles to my west.  This think can end up 100 miles east or west of what the Euro shows right now no problem.

Archived