Newest Member
    joxey
January 3-4 Storm Thread part II

rduwx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, burrel2 said:

This might be chase worthy.... to Myrtle Beach or Charleston? 

Hopefully Myrtle beach is chase worthy.  If it is, come here :) my wife and I will be attempting to drive to the beach if road conditions are ok.  Looks like we may start as freezing rain though which we won’t be driving in

5 minutes ago, Wow said:

Still a lot to figure out in the end of the run with all of those vorts moving through.  

Yep...I can’t recall an event that had that before but a little surprised such a weak h5 low cause such problems.  But all models have this.  That was a near perfect run of the NAM.  

2 minutes ago, griteater said:

Saw a forecaster from the northeast say that the RGEM was good with the  handling of multi-circulation features off the east coast (multi sfc lows), with the CMC decent as well 

Want to see a model get a low going in the gulf so that becomes primary over the already existing Atlantic low.  Otherwise this forming east won’t be good for anyone. 

There is seemingly no set of atmospheric conditions that exist that can make that low form closer to the coast.  We’re running out of time, even with all of these favorable shifts at the upper levels.  None of the models are showing a surface that supports big snow inland away from the coastal areas, despite these improvements, baby steps, or whatever you want to call them.  This thing could phase over Iowa and still have the low be just north of the Bahamas, it looks like.

Archived