Newest Member
    joxey
January 3-4 Storm Thread part II

rduwx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, packbacker said:

More than us since Feb 2015.  After Thursday they will really be ahead.  There’s probably a reason no model no ensemble shows it snowing in Raleigh this week...

Yep...I don't see this one coming far enough west for us. It's just laughable at this point.

3 minutes ago, tramadoc said:
5 minutes ago, rduwx said:
Yep...I don't see this one coming far enough west for us. It's just laughable at this point.

Do you see the extreme NE section of NC and SE VA being in a good spot?

Yes, I'd say you're in a lot better spot than pack and I...LOL!

10 minutes ago, rduwx said:

As the trend keeps moving West, I’m growingly optimistic Wake Co will be in play with this storm. But the past couple times I’ve been optimistic, it hasn’t gone very good 

17 minutes ago, WakeCountyWX said:

As the trend keeps moving West, I’m growingly optimistic Wake Co will be in play with this storm. But the past couple times I’ve been optimistic, it hasn’t gone very good 

How long or how much is this going to keep moving NW, another day or two and it will be a WNC and upstate storm.

I think I will get some legit light flurry action in SE Wake this time.  I would be legitimately stoked if I lived in NE SC, the coastal plain of NC and up through SE VA. I really think they are going to get hammered.

You know what, the background conditions could not be more favorable if it does snow.  I mean, it will have been really cold preceding the event.  Every flake will stick. It will snow at very cold temps, so ratios will be very good.  It will be very cold after, and the snow will stick around for a good while.  The sun angle is about the best it can be.  And it will be near a full moon.  And there is nothing like walking in the deep snow under a full moon.  The alignment of all of these conditions does not occur often.  I hope someone gets to experience a real snowstorm given all of this.  It will be a really special event.

4 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I think I will get some legit light flurry action in SE Wake this time.  I would be legitimately stoked if I lived in NE SC, the coastal plain of NC and up through SE VA. I really think they are going to get hammered.

You know what, the background conditions could not be more favorable if it does snow.  I mean, it will have been really cold preceding the event.  Every flake will stick. It will snow at very cold temps, so ratios will be very good.  It will be very cold after, and the snow will stick around for a good while.  The sun angle is about the best it can be.  And it will be near a full moon.  And there is nothing like walking in the deep snow under a full moon.  The alignment of all of these conditions does not occur often.  I hope someone gets to experience a real snowstorm given all of this.  It will be a really special event.

Really special east of here. We can watch and cry.

Yeah, here in Myrtle beach, I’ll hope for the best and prepare for the worst.  Most likely have a warm nose that some dynamic cooling will have to fix, but if the rates do come in good enough, it should be an easy fix.  With all of these slight north west trends, I’m waiting for the last minute correction to pull it back southeast a touch.  Hope I’m wrong ;)

It's really entertaining watching all the wish-casting that's going on around the southeast. Heck, most of us back to the west are hoping for a little action. Bottom line is that we have a westward trending system coming up the east coast. We could be looking at anything from a few inches along the coast to a much bigger event that gets a lot more folks in the game. Under normal circumstances at this range, we would already have a general idea where the system will track. Right now, that track is out to sea. However, this one is interesting to say the least. I, for one, am not convinced that this west trend has stopped. Tonight's 0z suite will be fun to watch. 

14 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

It's really entertaining watching all the wish-casting that's going on around the southeast. Heck, most of us back to the west are hoping for a little action. Bottom line is that we have a westward trending system coming up the east coast. We could be looking at anything from a few inches along the coast to a much bigger event that gets a lot more folks in the game. Under normal circumstances at this range, we would already have a general idea where the system will track. Right now, that track is out to sea. However, this one is interesting to say the least. I, for one, am not convinced that this west trend has stopped. Tonight's 0z suite will be fun to watch. 

Sure hope you are right. We went from 3 chances of snow last Monday to nothing except chance of flurries. 

Archived