Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Anyone else catch the nasty stomach bug going around? It's everywhere. Even my wife's theatre had 6 actors out.

My brother's school had multiple people out due to stomach bugs. My brother thinks he was patient zero, since he was out after Thanksgiving week for about 5 days with a stomach bug. Could be different, but I'm thankful I haven't gotten it

Just now, Cobalt said:

My brother's school had multiple people out due to stomach bugs. My brother thinks he was patient zero, since he was out after Thanksgiving week for about 5 days with a stomach bug. Could be different, but I'm thankful I haven't gotten it

Hit my wife and I like a ton of bricks, after our 2 year old got it. He's good now but we're not, we couldn't even give him a bath, just put him to bed in his pajamas... at least he was understanding and slept for us.

Nowe we're both in the living room, laying on the couches, with each of us our own bucket.

2 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

it's actually pretty wild how many people have been sick.  i've avoided it so far as well, but half my office and family have been struck with that cold going around.

3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

It is literally the worst. I washed my hands with soap and water, and used hand sanitizer so often, to no effect.

i had a nasty cold last january that had me bedridden for like 4 or 5 days and this one going around sounds similar.  about a year before that i also had a 24 hr stomach bug. as fast as it came in it left just as quick. not fun stuff, but just gotta let nature take its course.

Re: stomach bugs...

My older daughter and I had one before/on Halloween. I never threw up, but felt like I would for more than 48 hours. Then constant bathroom runs (pun intended) for two days once the nausea went away. Also had a fever for about 72 hours. It sucked.

Now I've got a cold that both my older daughter and my wife have just recovered from. Third cold so far this school year. Kids are gross.

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

This is a pretty crap post that made its way into the long-range thread.

As I stated in my post in the LR, we've let things slide as there is no storm mode and so on.  Self policing would be great so if people would take the hint things might get better.  maybe reminders in LR threads need to be posted more.  

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

My older daughter and I had one before/on Halloween. I never threw up, but felt like I would for more than 48 hours. Then constant bathroom runs (pun intended) for two days once the nausea went away. Also had a fever for about 72 hours. It sucked.

Now I've got a cold that both my older daughter and my wife have just recovered from. Third cold so far this school year. Kids are gross.

I'm living on the edge right now waiting to see if I will get the strep throat my kid is being treated for. yay! 

10 hours ago, supernovasky said:

Anyone else catch the nasty stomach bug going around? It's everywhere. Even my wife's theatre had 6 actors out.

10 hours ago, supernovasky said:

Hit my wife and I like a ton of bricks, after our 2 year old got it. He's good now but we're not, we couldn't even give him a bath, just put him to bed in his pajamas... at least he was understanding and slept for us.

Nowe we're both in the living room, laying on the couches, with each of us our own bucket.

10 minutes ago, mattie g said:

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

I'm living on the edge right now waiting to see if I will get the strep throat my kid is being treated for. yay! 

Come on, peeps!  Santa is coming soon!  Hoping you all feel better quickly.

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Bold, bold move, tracker et al making Bristow a mod. A real plot twist.

I don't even... 

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Come on, peeps!  Santa is coming soon!  Hoping you all feel better quickly.

ha! kid is good to go, amoxicillin is a wonderful drug. just crossing fingers I don't get it. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived