Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Nokesville will never be the same.  Carnini Pizza closed down as a result...and the Chuckwagon

Did Carini close? It was never busy so not surprised.  Chuckwagon was out before I left but the Mexican joint that replaced it was pretty good

12 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Did Carini close? It was never busy so not surprised.  Chuckwagon was out before I left but the Mexican joint that replaced it was pretty good

actually I am not sure but I think it did...I don't get that way too much..I live West of Bristow Center up Linton Hall...going down there even that close seems like a different world...very small town feel there.  its like Vint hIll road is the dividing line between really rural country and semi-urban

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Well, CAD wins and you never mix so take it as a win for now and don't will it to rain. 

Some people just don't want to be happy, or are just in a pessimistic mood and it comes out.  Given the results so far, and time of year, the pattern we are seeing looking ahead, and all of that, its amazing how pessimistic some still are.  Things could flip bad at any time, I know... but so far we have finally got a winter where it seems to want to snow and yet many are still complaining after every less then perfect model run.  

25 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Anyone visiting family out of the forum area for Christmas? I’ll be visiting SW PA from thursday to next Thursday. Quite hopeful for some decent snow!

going to Pine Grove PA, east central PA, for xmas eve.  Then going to my Uncle's near Martinsburg WV for dinner xmas night.  So a little tour of the mid atlantic for me.  Snow during that window would certainly much up all those plans but for a rare white mxas I would take it and be happy to have some time with just the wife and 3 year old together.  No matter what its Christmas and I am thankful for everything I have and nothing falling or NOT falling from the sky is going to ruin that.  

Safe travels to you.  Hopefully we will get the chance to get together again sometime soon.  I know your health has been not good...I really hope things get better for you in the New Year.  Happy Holidays!!!

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Some people just don't want to be happy, or are just in a pessimistic mood and it comes out.  Given the results so far, and time of year, the pattern we are seeing looking ahead, and all of that, its amazing how pessimistic some still are.  Things could flip bad at any time, I know... but so far we have finally got a winter where it seems to want to snow and yet many are still complaining after every less then perfect model run.  

If I weren't sitting on a virtual shut-out to this point, maybe I'd be seeing this 'pattern' differently.

35 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

going to Pine Grove PA, east central PA, for xmas eve.  Then going to my Uncle's near Martinsburg WV for dinner xmas night.  So a little tour of the mid atlantic for me.  Snow during that window would certainly much up all those plans but for a rare white mxas I would take it and be happy to have some time with just the wife and 3 year old together.  No matter what its Christmas and I am thankful for everything I have and nothing falling or NOT falling from the sky is going to ruin that.  

Safe travels to you.  Hopefully we will get the chance to get together again sometime soon.  I know your health has been not good...I really hope things get better for you in the New Year.  Happy Holidays!!!

Things have gotten much better for me lately, would love to meet again!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived