joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do I belong on the Southeast board or the Mid-Atlantic board? I can never get a straight answer. I live in KECG about an hour south of KORF. I get the feeling I'm outside of the Southeast guys focus area and also out side of y'all's focus area. Kinda in no man's land here in SE VA and extreme NE NC. Sorry if this question belongs elsewhere. Feel free to delete if needed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So do I belong on the Southeast board or the Mid-Atlantic board? I can never get a straight answer. I live in KECG about an hour south of KORF. I get the feeling I'm outside of the Southeast guys focus area and also out side of y'all's focus area. Kinda in no man's land here in SE VA and extreme NE NC. Sorry if this question belongs elsewhere. Feel free to delete if needed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There is a thread on here for Hampton Roads area discussion as well as one for the eastern shore and delmarva, they're somewhere down the page a bit

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just now, supernovasky said:

I thought snow maps <240 hours, reduced in size, were still kosher. I'm confused.

its been made quite clear that snow maps a week out aren't going to be welcomed in that thread. sorry. feel free to post it in the digital snow map thread. 

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

its been made quite clear that snow maps a week out aren't going to be welcomed in that thread. sorry. feel free to post it in the digital snow map thread. 

From that thread: HTO posted:

Guys, I hate to be the ball buster after 1(one) run of the GFS but another reminder to keep posts on point, stop with the "wow!" "Jesus" posts and I'm about to delete all and any post 300hr snow maps.  They are total weenie trash as multiple things can change between now and then. 

240hr maps are fine.  

I didn't mean to break the rules, I just thought that a mod said they were OK if <240h.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

I didn't see Andy's post, but  I don't see how useful it is to see snow maps a week out

Sorry, won't post snow maps anymore. I tried to reduce it in size to make it inoffensive, but for others, you may want to clarify what timeframe (if any at all) it is OK to post a snow map. I'm new to the area and relatively new to this forum so forgive me as I'm still learning the ropes here :).

2 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Sorry, won't post snow maps anymore. I tried to reduce it in size to make it inoffensive, but for others, you may want to clarify what timeframe (if any at all) it is OK to post a snow map. I'm new to the area and relatively new to this forum so forgive me as I'm still learning the ropes here :).

You're fine. Seems I'm going to be overruled on this one. Under 240hrs is okay. 

27 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Oh dear. I am sorry I didn’t mean to start anything. I head mod the largest weather subreddit on Reddit so I know how tough it can be and y’all do a great job here, thanks!

Its my fault.  In my haste to make a post about people spamming day 15 snow maps i said 240hr was ok.  In reality we all should know better than to post maps even out that far as they RARELY verify.  Day 10 snow is just as fantasy right now.

So I kinda put mappy in a bad place because no clear definition was made by Randy.  She's trying to cut down on the weenie stuff so that the disco is based on patterns and such instead of OMGSNOWMAPS!!!!!

6 minutes ago, H2O said:

Its my fault.  In my haste to make a post about people spamming day 15 snow maps i said 240hr was ok.  In reality we all should know better than to post maps even out that far as they RARELY verify.  Day 10 snow is just as fantasy right now.

So I kinda put mappy in a bad place because no clear definition was made by Randy.  She's trying to cut down on the weenie stuff so that the disco is based on patterns and such instead of OMGSNOWMAPS!!!!!

I say we keep all snow maps in the digital snow thread unless they are accompanied by real analysis that includes important panels. Posting OMG SNOW with a map that has pretty colors isn't analyzing or discussing anything. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived