Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

If we end up with a warning level snow event next Friday the various models had it in some form or another about nine days early. That would be pretty decent accomplishment if it goes off like that...

More often than not the globals pick up on big storms at about 200 hours.  

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember March 93... Five days out.. the weather channel guys were floored by how well the computer models were in agreement that there was going to be an historic event. I think the bigger the event, the more likely we see it earlier. 

Gotta say it's always best to stay cautious this far out even if the model is calling for oh...70 degrees but this sure has that feel of a good one.The chase is just as fun as the storm itself...no doubt we will see some ups and downs next week but I'm hopeful this thing starts locking in or simply disappears

50 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Taking bets on who will be the first to quote showmethesnows entire post in the longer range thread with WOW great write-up?

:lol::D

show me get hall pass, cause he (like a few) put good informative stuff down, with nice little illustrations for us weenies.  

you DONT want to see my drawings....

5 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

Assuming it’s a plane capable of landing on a carrier...

We would say No because it’s more likely the Russian plane would crash into the carrier than land safely.

It’s really not a tough question to answer.

Just now, Interstate said:

I just said that a lot of feeling are going to get hurt if it doesn't come to fruition.  There is always a double standard here.

and talking about loving the taint isn't?

will you feel better if i remove my own post? 

3 minutes ago, Interstate said:

I just said that a lot of feeling are going to get hurt if it doesn't come to fruition.  There is always a double standard here.

Yeah, and considering that the mods don't have day jobs and the only thing they do all day is monitor this board, not to mention how much they are paid, it's pretty bad.

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

I like snow

Me too....and even a little taint.....just not too much. ;)

I must say its amusing how that can be said in the main discussion thread tho....

But posting a snow map is.....well......

just..........................WRONG!!  lol. 

i really dont care as long as the rules that apply to me....apply to everyone.

nuff said.  I'm a big boy.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

I think( 99% ) sure 2016 was locked in at around  150 - 160 hour mark. That definitely led to less anxiety on the boards which was great .

I feel like there was one set of runs, maybe ~4 days out that still had the storm, but pushed it SEward and dropped our totals from the 18-24" that were being spit out to like 8-12".  It came right back in the following run, but there was some angst.  I remember dreaming about the storm busting each night that week :-P

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I think( 99% ) sure 2016 was locked in at around  150 - 160 hour mark. That definitely led to less anxiety on the boards which was great .

it was a rare lock in from way out....

as long as I've been playin w/ this hobby, it was a rarity to me....

while were approaching that, its nice to see such a strong signal for something noteworthy.

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Me too....and even a little taint.....just not too much. ;)

I must say its amusing how that can be said in the main discussion thread tho....

But posting a snow map is.....well......

just..........................WRONG!!  lol. 

i really dont care as long as the rules that apply to me....apply to everyone.

nuff said.  I'm a big boy.

next-level.gif

I have this article bookmarked:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/01/25/the-forecast-for-snowzilla-was-stellar-in-almost-every-way/?utm_term=.7acac7423457

It's a good refresher for the modeling day-by-day heading into the blizzard starting from 8 days out.  And the links at the bottom are great too. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived