joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know I'm going to sound old, but back in my day, all I needed was a $10 Lite-Brite or can of play doh to be happy. Yeah my Super Nintendo changed all that but that's beside the point. Kids these days have it made  

You’re preaching to choir my man. I loved my play-doh and games like Connect Four, Crossfire and hot wheels cars. Those were the days haha

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I know I'm going to sound old, but back in my day, all I needed was a $10 Lite-Brite or can of play doh to be happy. Yeah my Super Nintendo changed all that but that's beside the point. Kids these days have it made :P 

Lite-Bright was great.

My favorite was Spirograph though.

55 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I did! It even had a sling psychometer!

edit: Lol.  I meant psychrometer. Though a psychometer is something we could use in here from time to time.

Yeah, that was awesome.  Had to not tighten that screw to much or you could not spin (sling) it.  Also had to remember to dampen the mesh with 'outside temp" water if I recall  :) 

Just now, CaryWx said:

Yeah, that was awesome.  Had to not tighten that screw to much or you could not spin (sling) it.  Also had to remember to dampen the mesh with 'outside temp" water if I recall  :) 

Yep. The whole wet bulb and dry bulb thing seemed so complicated. I could also never got the outdoor part to work correctly.

Well, only DCA could manage to go down in accumulated snowfall from one day to another (they took half an inch off the 9th original report).

My other pet peeve is when guys with good, easily remembered user names come in and toss a new one at us, that you can only remember by scrolling down the page. 

Then there's people who post from another part of the world and mention for no apparent reason that they are about to get 8 to 12 inches of snow. Oh, that would be me. My bad. 

12 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You won't make it to Christmas, snow or not, at this rate.  

I saw a shadow of someone in a robe this morning carrying a sickle...very few things in life carry a sickle...the grim reaper, my boss, and my  mother in law...I know it was you...you saw me looking at the 6z run and smiling...you are waiting in the shadows...with the sickle....always the sickle

32 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Lol- I appreciated it though. Our sub has been different this year. 

In replying to you here, I'm hoping Chuck will read this, but I wish he'd put a hint of expression in his posts so that I could tell what he is implying.  As an example, I don't like reading between the lines and trying to decipher meaning like I had to in the two posts he made earlier on this page.  It's especially difficult when he contradicts himself going from one extreme to the other (e.g., two threads within a day or two of each other about how the cold may not verify and another about a possible major snowstorm).

It really shouldn't matter because I have him on ignore, but I keep pressing "show me this post" in the hopes that maybe this post will be one that isn't just some drive-by graffiti.   Maybe I'm looking at it through rose-colored glasses, but 10 - 12 years ago, I remember him differently.

Hopefully, this post isn't coming across as overly-critical because I also wish that I personally could be more involved in the discussion threads.  However, any thoughts that I have are so fundamental that even if right, are discussed so much more eloquently and in more depth than anything I could add.  It reminds me of when I first learned to drive and the instructor would preach to us to "look up and ahead," but my eyes would be glued to the end of the hood.  You guys are looking way down the road and anticipating what's around the bend while I'm trying to get the hood ornament out of my line of sight.  I remember Chuck as one of those that looked through the top half of the windshield.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived