Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Banter String

George BM

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That reminds me of the Christmas when I got a bike and it was raining early and then sunny and really windy in the afternoon. I also vividly remember being secretly super-disappointed that I got a white Sears Free Spirit and not a Scwhinn Varsity like my older brother had gotten in Christmas past.

What a brat.

Funny...my first bike was a purple huffy with high handle bars. Ridiculous looking bike when I look at the old pics. It had white wall tires.  I think my mom bought me a pimp bike

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Funny...my first bike was a purple huffy with high handle bars. Ridiculous looking bike when I look at the old pics. It had white wall tires.  I think my mom bought me a pimp bike

Haha - the memories - I still remember getting my first tricycle in 1963 when I was 2.  My 3 older siblings wouldn't move their stuff so I could ride around the living room.  Couldn't ride it outside.  Why dare you ask?  Because we had SNOW on the ground!  It was Ohio in the 60's and back then they had snow somewhat routinely in December.   

Still have the tricycle - it's in our basement along with my 1885 Columbia high wheel and my 1865 boneshaker. 

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

Holy crap. I found it. Mine was very similar to this but red

huffy.jpg

Cool - That was the bike to have if you wanted to learn how to do a wheelie.  An elementary school friend had one and we practiced for hours.  Eventually got pretty good.  Could ride a wheelie a couple of blocks and go in circles.  Remember the version of that bike with the 5 speed shifter on the top tube that changed the gear set on the rear hub?  That was THE bike to have at the time.  Then 10 speeds came out in the early/mid 70's and the ole diehard one speeds were relegated to the wood shed. 

12 hours ago, BristowWx said:

We're unhappy that it might be warm for Christmas..And it's not snowing enough for our liking..and we are not getting all the sex we deserve...that's just for starters.

lol

I will comment on the Xmas weather part. I like what I am seeing on the EPS. temps in the low to mid 40s is perfect. I would also prefer a sunny day. Expectations in check.

As for snow, realistically the chances of a white Xmas have moved from slim to none IMO, based on the currently advertised h5 look. Not moving in the right direction. Not sure we score anything the following week either. +NAO and a (probably more persistent than modeled) SER doesn't make me feel all tingly about snow chances.

6 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Imagine this...you run a team at a grocery store. You have one highly skilled worker and a bunch of less skilled slackass millenials. Who do you rely on the most?

Then imagine that every once in awhile the slackasses do a good job only to change back to slackasses...can a slackass show you one thing one day then another thing another day? Which slackass is right?

6 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

I've looked at models for the past several years, and this is one of the most zany runs of the GFS I have ever seen for winter. The only takeaway I have from this is the Northern Plains could see some insane cold in the future. 

A friend of mine from Md. is spending Christmas with family in northern Minnesota.  I had warned him when I heard of his trip last week that he might be heading for frigid conditions.  I just texted him the 12Z GFS showing negative teens for highs on the 25th.  He didn't seem pleased, lol.

23 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I don't either. lol. We need a fantasy storm to show up today or it's going to get a little...well...unhealthy around here. 

If I thought it would get better like 26th I could spare my own soul.  Day after Christmas sucks anyway.  But that doesn’t really seem likely.  Might take until 26th of January.  Or if it just stayed below 50...maybe a day like today.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived