Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Guys, whens's the pattern going change to warmth after?  I need to know so I can plan my schedule around bitching about it.

I'm going to start bitching now...the pattern that hasn't started is progged to end before Jan 18th...which means there will be a screaming southeastern on my birthday...i may as well grab my toaster and fill the bath tub

1 minute ago, #NoPoles said:

I'm going to start bitching now...the pattern that hasn't started is progged to end before Jan 18th...which means there will be a screaming southeastern on my birthday...i may as well grab my toaster and fill the bath tub

Where did you see the prog to end by 1/18?   It would make sense it would but to my knowledge no guidance shows it.

2 minutes ago, WintersComing said:

Bummer because it's gonna be seasonably cold and not a torch?  If you are expecting consistently well below normal temps for entire winter I think you're missing what we've been discussing here for a while.

No I’m saying bummer because it’s gonna get real warm and just normal cold. LURKERBOY likes neg departures, sue me.

7 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

No I’m saying bummer because it’s gonna get real warm and just normal cold. LURKERBOY likes neg departures, sue me.

Actually trying to protect you from the pending Flame Thowers you'll probably get.  It's been discussed almost to death about the idea of a return to a somewhat normal pattern beyond the pending unseasonably cold and volatile conditions.  A return to somewhat normal is not a bad thing as Tip and others have discussed.

3 minutes ago, Neblizzard said:

We were waiting for you to post once a met posted the torch coming next week !   What’s your thoughts on mid December ? Coast to coast warmth ?

I don't get where all this new "torch" stuff is now coming from.  It's been talked about the warm up leading up to the 7th-8th time period before the cold stuff comes in.

Ok I guess Eric Fisher is just not to impressed with the pattern change to cold...says that the cold is not from Siberia so not a whole lot of real cold stuff coming to the states... 

I'll listen to the METS here thank you...they seemed pretty impressed with the upcoming pattern so I am too. 

I'm glad it won't be record breaking...who needs that???  Just as long as it's cold enough for frozen precip that's all that matters to most.

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ok I guess Eric Fisher is just not to impressed with the pattern change to cold...says that the cold is not from Siberia so not a whole lot of real cold stuff coming to the states... 

I'll listen to the METS here thank you...they seemed pretty impressed with the upcoming pattern so I am too. 

I'm glad it won't be record breaking...who needs that???  Just as long as it's cold enough for frozen precip that's all that matters to most.

Well the initial plunge is normal cold.   It’s the stuff that’s beyond 12/10 that is special.

The kara sea ridge blocks the cross polar flow a bit so it's not a "release the hounds" type situation...the airmass has origins in NW Canada. I'm not sure any of that truly matters unless you're into extreme cold.  The anomalies across the ma se and the Midwest are pretty impressive. The war keeps sne in check to more modest cold anomalies through the next 10 days. 

Archived