Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

35 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Wow, some sub 960 members in there. Lots of sub 970s. Very impressive. And Ray, that "additive momentum" comment was tongue in cheek, although I realize that doesn't come across well in text.

I honestly was speaking in general terms. Not about you, or anyone in particular.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Looks like it sort of hugs the coast - doesn't get too far inland from what I can see. 

Yeah the regular OP nam is pretty meh for anyone more than 10 miles off the coast. But that 3km is kind of insane....the 3km would be our worst wind event in ages. But for now I'm kind of treating it like those 3km nam runs in winter that give 55" of snow. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the regular OP nam is pretty meh for anyone more than 10 miles off the coast. But that 3km is kind of insane....the 3km would be our worst wind event in ages. But for now I'm kind of treating it like those 3km nam runs in winter that give 55" of snow. 

It's funny because the 3km NAM is only about 980ish and east of where the ECMWF and most of its ensembles are. 

32 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

Ryan are you thinking of upping your wind forecast at all? Well, if you are on tonight that is...I had WRCH on at work today and they weren't even mentioning tomorrow night in the forecast. Just talked about rain developing with some wind tomorrow and a windy day on Monday but no mention of the potential for 60+ mph winds. 

Bump...

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

To be honest the 850mb wind speeds on the 3km NAM aren't that dissimilar to the 12z ECMWF. 

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Well we now have Tropical Storm Philippe.  Very complex situation, this is really a hybrid system like Sandy was.   When all is said and done I wonder if the NWS should basically issue a tropical storm watch for much of New England?  Although technically this storm is a baroclinic low with the merger of Philippe the net result will be more of Tropical Storm type damage than anything else.  This situation warrants a TS type warning much more than say a Jose storm weakening SE of New England.  Almost like the new Hurricane Force Wind Warnings.  Maybe it can't be done because technically Philippe's old LL center will stay well east but sometimes common sense for the public should prevail....

I don't see the purpose of that.....the impact is that its' going to be windy.  The headline is irrelevant.

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They are too far north and east. This is more a SNE deal 

High Wind Watches out from BTV.

Watch the downslope areas of NNE for big winds.

GYX and BTV thinking highest winds are W/NW slopes.  Air comes over the crests and accelerates down into towns on the lee side.

Look at NH...highest wind forecast all along the NW side of the Whites.

image2.png

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Wow TS Philippe has developed and the hybrid low has developed west of Fort Myers, FL, there is a really distinct low level swirl in this location.  I think someone will see 100 knot gusts from this along the coastline.

Already cruising north at near 30mph! Also, 100 knots sounds a sig stretch. Maybe on Mt. Washington.

3 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

GFS says no, another huge match up against the Euro.  I'm inclined to go with the GFS due to the over amped and westward bias of the Euro...see Irma, Nemo, Juno

Dude - now you are trolling this thread too!!! Seriously??!?!?!

15 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

GFS says no, another huge match up against the Euro.  I'm inclined to go with the GFS due to the over amped and westward bias of the Euro...see Irma, Nemo, Juno

I'm pretty sure GFS was absolutely atrocious with Nemo. In fact, it was showing a scraper hours out from the event. Also GFS was teasing NYC with Irma when Euro was locked into Miami. No comparison.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I get told to stop when there’s the very real chance this rivals 2011.. and he’s allowed to continue trolling the Gfs stuff. He’s been doing it for days in NYC thread and no mods do anything 

I thInk stop because what happened power and tree wise in 2011 was entirely snow related.  Wind is not solid material-or another way of putting it is not the crystallized form of any matter.

12 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Stop trolling

It's annoying

We know the gfs is wrong. Gefs at 12z was tucked in.

Archived