Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

That's always the safe bet--anything over 35 on it is a win.  Also, the high will likely be tomorrow afternoon.

Seeing 22 pages in this thread speaks volumes of how little people get excited by wind.  A couple weeks from now, the prospect of 6" of snow will garner more board activity than this storm.  That said, I'm looking forward to some good gusts even if they will pale compared to coast.

I'm excited by wind...

:(

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I understand it. This is the most excited I have been in many many many years. Gonna be special 

BOX regionwide HWW

Setting up for some disappointed weenies.

I think there's an outside shot at the westerlies getting close to HWW criteria. If things can trend like the NAM, with a core of 50-55 knots at 850 mb Monday afternoon there's a chance. Otherwise, I don't think the interior does it on the LLJ alone. They will need some help from a gravity wave or convection, etc.

This looks like quite the wind event in much of the area. The whole Phillipe aspect throws a wrench into the Cape and perhaps ext ern areas. But most of the area will gust 45-60. Maybe spot 70 Cape Ane and parts of cstl MA..esp Cape Cod.  If we get those conv cells zipping nwd...those will have the big gusts over 60-70.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This looks like quite the wind event in much of the area. The whole Phillipe aspect throws a wrench into the Cape and perhaps ext ern areas. But most of the area will gust 45-60. Maybe spot 70 Cape Ane and parts of cstl MA..esp Cape Cod.  If we get those conv cells zipping nwd...those will have the big gusts over 60-70.

Honestly, Philippe may muck up winds around PWM. Almost eye-like. It just does enough interference to shift from the intense SE LLJ to the newly developing wind max east of Philippe. 

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Honestly, Philippe may muck up winds around PWM. Almost eye-like. It just does enough interference to shift from the intense SE LLJ to the newly developing wind max east of Philippe. 

I was thinking that yesterday too. Some of the models had these meso lows temporally increasing/decreasing winds.It might only do it in a small area and preceding that should be some good winds.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Tolland probably as good as any in int CT to gust 50-60 on that hill.  Maybe more if some cells bring winds down.

My gut feeling is 65-68 here . Just based on past screamers of much less magnitude and how anomalous this is. Not being a weenie. Just years of watching . I really think a lot of people are going to be very surprised . Both here and the general public . 

Archived