Total Members
    Most Online
    InsulationProsofColorado
    Newest Member
    InsulationProsofColorado
George BM

September Disco/Obs Thread

same here--but I loved it!

Today should be nicer, mid 70s. I can handle that. Windows opened :)

Today is the type of weather where forecasts can be flakey.  Supposed to be sunny but clouds are being lazy to exit.  Hoping we get to mostly sunny this afternoon.

Nice day out yesterday, didn't warm as much as I feared.  Stiff breeze and periods of clouds made for a most enjoyable day of taking the kids for the first apple picking of the season.  Saw numerous early Maples with noticeable early color.  Followed by a beautiful night with clear skies, calm winds, and bright moon; perfect night for the first fire of the season on the patio and indulging in Octoberfest.  That was a remarkable bonus fall weekend....and another on tap for this coming weekend.  Incredible.  My brother told me the high in Denver yesterday was 97F (a record).  Thank God, we are missing that.

• Like 1

The timing is off, if it was 6 hours later we'd have a decent chance for severe on Wednesday PM. Of course, if it slowed down to that extent, there might also be implications of a slower trough exit on the tropics...

Beautiful textbook split developing in the line. Dale City should cool down slightly with only a few spritzes of rain thru tomorrow night. I am breaking out the scanning electron microscope for nanotechnological amounts of rain. Klingon Anti Rain Shield is up and in perfect operation over Dale City/Woodbridge.

Been thundering and lightning for a couple hours now 

Showers moved right through the area. The front is moving faster, and I think this means the ocean ridge is weakening. This means that Bob Chill is correct, the trough will be stronger than the ridge in the ocean, and the trough will pick up Irma and move her expeditiously OUT TO SEA for us.

I was only kidding earlier. I dont want a hurricane.

I want cool, placid football weather. I want sunny weather for Mappy. 

The trough is going to kick Irma out to sea, and I expect the models to show that by late tomorrow, and all of the models will be in agreement about the OTS solution, which is an excellent solution for all.

All this rain we've had makes you want to think about what the heck is going on with ENSO right now.