norakhann33
March 13-14 Storm Nowcasting/Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ji said:

wow that is amazing

You can download the file too. Should be a good one to save in general. Satellite presentation with this one should be pretty sick. It's going to cover the entire east coast and probably look like a mini hurricane as it approaches new england. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

You can download the file too. Should be a good one to save in general. Satellite presentation with this one should be pretty sick. It's going to cover the entire east coast and probably look like a mini hurricane as it approaches new england. 

i love how you can see the ridge in the west deflecting systems and how our trough got formed. 

3 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Been stuck at 38 for a while in Germantown, hopefully leveling out.

Zones now mention mixing for the first time in my area; big cut-backs for DC proper, now saying just 1-3" overnight and 1-3" tomorrow.

Saw the 1 to 3 for tonight, but 4 to 6 is still the total accums.  Unless my site isn't updating

5 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Zones now mention mixing for the first time in my area; big cut-backs for DC proper, now saying just 1-3" overnight and 1-3" tomorrow.

Um, it still says 4-6 total snow accum for DC

19 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

A must watch movie that will only get better over the next 24-36 hours. It's still rated PG but should hit XXX status tomorrow. 

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/us_comp/movie-large.php

That always amazes me every time I see it. I have the one saved from last years blizzard. Just a warning to those that download. IT IS A LARGE FILE.

6 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Gaithersburg here, I've been watching my local station. I hit 39 at 11:00 AM and have dropped to between 36.4-37 since then.

the SE wind is concerning along with the E wind projected tonight.  with the warmer than normal atlantic, it's becoming pretty clear mixing is going to be a major concern in central md at some point tonight.  hoping the winds switch back to the north while the deform is still around.  3-6" is a solid call for dc.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I think it's safe to say that busting high on temps this afternoon across the region is off the table. Nothing worse than a 42 forecast and a 48 degree afternoon before a winter storm. I'm still at 37 so I might actually bust low before a storm for once. 

I have made it up to 41-42 in hyattsville and college park on a projected high of 43. Hoping it doesn't keep going up!

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I think it's safe to say that busting high on temps this afternoon across the region is off the table. Nothing worse than a 42 forecast and a 48 degree afternoon before a winter storm. I'm still at 37 so I might actually bust low before a storm for once. 

I'm almost definitely going to bust low, and this is AFTER they revised my high from 44 to 42.

Archived