Newest Member
    joxey
March 13/14th PSU Storm

stormtracker

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

It's not a disaster but complicated over short distances. It's a DC QPF bomb (.9 in 6 hours) with cold surface between 6-12z but would probably be a driving sleet storm for a time. @ 12z surface freezing is literally running I95. 

Would forecast offices add sleet accumulation to seasonal totals?

It's not a disaster but complicated over short distances. It's a DC QPF bomb (.9 in 6 hours) with cold surface between 6-12z but would probably be a driving sleet storm for a time. @ 12z surface freezing is literally running I95. 

Surface freezing line running I95 is colder than most past runs of the Euro. That's a positive in my mind. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Ian says it's the best euro run for us in awhile FWIW. 0.3-0.4" before 6z sounds good to me. How much after 12z?

This is not all snow. Driving sleet for a time for sure but very impressive totals for the corridor. I'm obviously happy with this panel. It's each man for himself on this one. lol

X3rqEz.jpg

I can see my house under that red dot somewhere <3

I said this earlier, but I'll take my risk with QPF, unless its driving rain...

This is not all snow. Driving sleet for a time for sure but very impressive totals for the corridor. I'm obviously happy with this panel. It's each man for himself on this one. lol

X3rqEz.jpg

Populations centers would all score with that! :)

4 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

16z HRRR is pretty awful... maybe an inch before we switch to sleet and then probably rain. 17z is maybe marginally better with the front end, still coming out. 

The HRRR has been pretty consistent so far keeping the front end drier than most of the rest of the guidance.  Less than 0.2" before the sleet line makes it to DC.

1 minute ago, snjókoma said:

bob, is that 32 line surface or 850 temps?

Surface. Here's the 850s. Everyone can have some fun making sense of this panel. After taking a closer look it looks like the QPF bomb along the corridor is little snow at all based on the mids but I'm sorta confused with this panel:

KCZoMS.jpg

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Surface. Here's the 850s. Everyone can have some fun making sense of this panel. After taking a closer look it looks like the QPF bomb along the corridor is little snow at all based on the mids but I'm sorta confused with this panel:

KCZoMS.jpg

yikes... sandstorm for sure.

KCZoMS.jpg

another map

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/fx/gen-fxctr.cgi?re=at&id=&zoom=.6&ti=UTC&pg=web&ge=1280x1024&mo=ecmwf&le=850&va=temp&in=2&pl=cf&ft=h24&cu=latest&overlay=no&mo=&le=&va=&in=&pl=ln&ft=h24&cu=latest

Archived