joxey
Mar 10 Clipper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

White rain to Laconia?

Trend aside-- you have no concerns regarding that SLP near NYS/Canadian border and easterly fetch off the Atlantic? 

I lived on LI most of my life and have seen a lot of snow fall--even with good rates--only to accumulate immediately in puddles. 

6 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Cup Trend aside-- you have no concerns regarding that SLP near NYS/Canadian border and easterly fetch off the Atlantic? 

I lived on LI most of my life and have seen a lot of snow fall--even with good rates--only to accumulate immediately in puddles. 

My only concern is much further north track and onset of precip. I didn't see crazy onshore flow and those temps aloft get cold.

I think I saw this mentioned but it seems very strange the degree of displacement between the surface low and upper levels.  That trough axis is still quite far west while the surface low is pretty damn east...suppose it could happen but definitely have to watch out b/c if that amplifying trough captures the surface low early enough we could be looking at near borderline warning criteria snows into CT

We always joke about north of the pike events, and this is a textbook south of the pike event as modeled.  West to east movement, parallel to I-90.  

The interstate itself may have some nice north wind dry air virga while where it's saturated it's coming down steadily.

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We always joke about north of the pike events, and this is a textbook south of the pike event as modeled.  West to east movement, parallel to I-90.  

The interstate itself may have some nice north wind dry air virga while where it's saturated it's coming down steadily.

Kind of like my position although work should be ideal far enough off the sound. Happy to have the day off though.

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

There's probably just as many south of the pike events. Especially early and later in season

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Kind of like my position although work should be ideal far enough off the sound. Happy to have the day off though.

The more I look at it, I think your spot is the ideal location right now.  Right along the fronto zone.  I'm interested in the dry air to the north of Kev.  But he's still getting a solid covering for the cold snap.  The northern extent will be sharp it seems.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The more I look at it, I think your spot is the ideal location right now.  Right along the fronto zone.  I'm interested in the dry air to the north of Kev.  But he's still getting a solid covering for the cold snap.  The northern extent will be sharp it seems.

Yeah.  He will be doing naked snow angels there.   I'm thinking just mood flakes here...which I'm ok with as we drive to VT

46 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

He has had some nice late season events the past few years. 

9 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Only out to hr 15 but can already tell Nam going to be north of its 18z run--probably more than a tick--based on the orientation and strength of the ULL.  

Yeah well north through 27 hours...inconsistent is an understatement for the NAM in this event.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

IF, big IF, we get tue inside 84hrs, lol at all the high fives and bridge jumping that will ensue 4x a day with the first model to run esp in the southern bordering subforum.

The NAM should really just be treated as a slightly higher skilled SREF member.

I went 2-4" lollies to 5" for the southern half of CT and 1-3" north. Was a little concerned about dry air on the northern fringe and that things may shift back south a bit so decided to go a little low north for now, but after seeing the NAM cave, I'm leaning towards 2-4" statewide pending the rest of the overnight runs remaining relatively consistent.

Regionwide, I'd go 2-4" lollies to 5" BDL-PVD-PYM ish and south, 1-3" pike south including BOS, c-2" north of there. Someone probably pulls a 6" spot by getting in some solid rates for an hour or two, if I had to guess, I'd either go with SWCT or near Steve's area over to PYM or so, but it's a bit of dumb luck that determines where the banding forms.

Archived