Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mar 10 Clipper

ORH_wxman

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Euro is bone dry. I'd take under on that QPF.... 925mb doesn't look great.. 850 is a disaster on Mass broder.

Rarely does the Euro QPF overperform, it's almost always too dry unless the system is extremely strong and dynamic.  It seems to have issues with weaker lows and clippers and such on QPF 

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

Rarely does the Euro QPF overperform, it's almost always too dry unless the system is extremely strong and dynamic.  It seems to have issues with weaker lows and clippers and such on QPF 

Well... 12z Friday is has RH at 850mb at KBAF of 45%. That's not pretty. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I by no means was calling out the vets on this. They know what they are doing. It is more for us weenies who end up picking and choosing the guidance that supports out thoughts. TauntingFlizzard would pick the rpm and the meh ncar members, for example. Or Snow88 finding a SREF that shows a roof collapsing at a Brooklyn man bar. 

Oh I know you weren't.  Was just making the point of using the Models as guidance(especially in situations such as this when there are mixed signals), and then going from there.  

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well if it's that dry...it's puzzling how it generated that much QPF. I dunno..I can't see the 925 and 850 RH.

70-75% in the DGZ up around CON and it still spits out 0.02"

Could it happen? Sure, but I probably wouldn't be putting very high PoP in there.

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Nice, good to see with the start of the 18Z suite we are not seeing a continuation or even a hault to the south trend but rather a somewhat correction back north.

It would fit the M.O. of this system so far...I had mentioned back how for like 5 straight cycles, the models reverse the trend of the previous suite. The flip-flopping is pretty ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It would fit the M.O. of this system so far...I had mentioned back how for like 5 straight cycles, the models reverse the trend of the previous suite. The flip-flopping is pretty ridiculous.

It's pretty bad, the consistency has been one of the worst so far this season with all the models really. Continuity and agreement was pretty excellent for a lot of the systems including Dec 17th, Jan 6th and Feb 9th but this one has been a real turd.

Archived