Newest Member
    joxey
Mar 10 Clipper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

Ya Know 10 Days Ago I got Made Fun Of by Ray for saying "We've got 2 chances at Clippers coming up!"  With an answer of "go outside and wait for it."  

WELL WELL WELLLLL.... Looks Here!   

Means As Predicted.... it's because I AM NOT HOME!!!!!   (In The Netherlands until Tuesday).  

Bang out a tune on the box with the weenie!

18z GFS is another consistent run with over 8" of snow for Cape and Islands.  Due to the nature of the precipitation being heavy at times, and 850mb temps plummeting I expect the rain to start will switch over to very heavy snows and accumulating right away once the turnover happens.  I think the March sun angle is overrate this time in March but later this month it becomes more of a hassle for snowfall.

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

18z GFS is another consistent run with over 8" of snow for Cape and Islands.  Due to the nature of the precipitation being heavy at times, and 850mb temps plummeting I expect the rain to start will switch over to very heavy snows and accumulating right away once the turnover happens.  I think the March sun angle is overrate this time in March but later this month it becomes more of a hassle for snowfall.

It's still a problem on March 10th but luckily the bulk of this snowfall will be falling during the overnight and early morning hours and ending early, not peaking around 12-4PM so we have that going for us. But you will be a little later than timing compared to CT.

1 hour ago, TheSnowman said:

Ya Know 10 Days Ago I got Made Fun Of by Ray for saying "We've got 2 chances at Clippers coming up!"  With an answer of "go outside and wait for it."  

WELL WELL WELLLLL.... Looks Here!   

Means As Predicted.... it's because I AM NOT HOME!!!!!   (In The Netherlands until Tuesday).  

Still garbage here, which is all I care about.

All eyes on next week...

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm still leery of this upper air in the back of my head. Normally, I'd think it would produce better than models are showing. I could see it overperforming. We'll see if we get a bump north at 00z here.

If you showed me the upper air pattern and no QPF, no way would I think it would struggle to pike like models show. Hrrr also has tickled north.  Really tough call from pike down to BDL over to here (old KNZW). I want to lean north too, but I'm aware of the caveats.

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Thanks. I thought your map was reasonable

TBH it's a tough one since there will be a band of pretty heavy snow. As Will and Scott said there is a nice looking synoptic look but the precip struggles to get too far north. I'm surprised some of the hires models (WRFs/4km NAM etc) aren't spitting out some of their crazy totals like we normally see on these small mesoscale bands. 

Just now, CT Rain said:

TBH it's a tough one since there will be a band of pretty heavy snow. As Will and Scott said there is a nice looking synoptic look but the precip struggles to get too far north. I'm surprised some of the hires models (WRFs/4km NAM etc) aren't spitting out some of their crazy totals like we normally see on these small mesoscale bands. 

It is odd that the wettest model is probably the ukmet followed by the jma.

Archived