Newest Member
    joxey
Mar 10 Clipper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It just bothers me that it seems like synoptics argue north, but all the models are south of where you envision the QPF. Clearly they all see something..and sometimes it's not worth complicating the forecast by tearing your hair out over it...but I just feel like this has decent bust potential on the good side in areas near the pike. I guess we'll see how 12z trends.

Ha. Yea, I had that with Jan 16 from philly to nyc where I thought qpf output from euro didnt make sense. Twas great when I "beat" the computer lol. But then I have lost many times too. I am also nowhere close to your knowledge base, but I can imagine tearing your eyeballs outbut then just shrug shoulders like oh well, they must know something....but imo, go with your thinking, balls to the wall, and sh*t on guidance. 

27 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I'd like my good neighbor Spanks to start it, he has not "measured anything" for about a month...his ruler needs work. 

Thank you! My first thread start, hopefully it brings some good mojo to the area....Hopefully the yardstick get some work next week.

57 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It just bothers me that it seems like synoptics argue north, but all the models are south of where you envision the QPF. Clearly they all see something..and sometimes it's not worth complicating the forecast by tearing your hair out over it...but I just feel like this has decent bust potential on the good side in areas near the pike. I guess we'll see how 12z trends.

Yeah it bothers me too...we may very well see the northern side overperform...gotta watch for the Bruce Willis runway caution flag dry air, but this doesn't have like 30-40 knot winds at 850 out of the NW...they are fairly light, so we'll see. RPM gets no snow north of the CT border...lol. Gotta love how guidance cant' figure out a friggin' clipper inside of 36 hours.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it bothers me too...we may very well see the northern side overperform...gotta watch for the Bruce Willis runway caution flag dry air, but this doesn't have like 30-40 knot winds at 850 out of the NW...they are fairly light, so we'll see. RPM gets no snow north of the CT border...lol. Gotta love how guidance cant' figure out a friggin' clipper inside of 36 hours.

Yes, I noticed that too.  Usually a good thing. The euro really is on its own right now. Would be a pretty sweet win if it worked out.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I just kind of posted about it above, but maybe you could argue 4 have isolated warning snows in SW CT. 

Yea my bad, posted before your second post. So we still have weak sauce extreme south solutions on the table? lol nuts, inside 24hrs...yet we want perfection for next week right now. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea my bad, posted before your second post. So we still have weak sauce extreme south solutions on the table? lol nuts, inside 24hrs...yet we want perfection for next week right now. 

HRRRX is well south too.

But uncomfortable "consensus" with roughly equal distribution between whiffs, moderate events, and larger Pike specials. 

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Right, because the precipitation is showing the previous 6 hours.

I guess my question is, do we expect to find the heaviest precipitation to the south of the best vvs?

I guess it depends on what level that is? I tend to find that good VV from 700-500mb will cause heavier precip to the north of where the model has it. Not always, as it depends on how wrapped up the H7 and H5 low is.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I guess it depends on what level that is? I tend to find that good VV from 700-500mb will cause heavier precip to the north of where the model has it. Not always, as it depends on how wrapped up the H7 and H5 low is.

That was 700mb

Archived