Newest Member
    joxey
Mar 10 Clipper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why would it melt with temps below 32? It snows until early afternoon in your area. And then squalls in the evening.

Yeah, didn't really take that into account...figured the sun would break out here in western sections by afternoon...3 inches of snow can melt pretty quickly at this point in the sun.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What are you talking about? I asked a question. Gotta settle in a bit friend.

Anyway.. are you still thinking good snows for NNE with rain south?

This idea of "rain" in SNE... to be clear I was/am expecting slop in SNE. Surface temps will be problematic, and I think the main SLP will still correct another 50-100 miles North between now and "go time". My original point was rain to 33-35F snow in this context has the same impact as plain rain--it looks nice as it falls but everything is just simply, wet. 

11 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

This idea of "rain" in SNE... to be clear I was/am expecting slop in SNE. Surface temps will be problematic, and I think the main SLP will still correct another 50-100 miles North between now and "go time". My original point was rain to 33-35F snow in this context has the same impact as plain rain--it looks nice as it falls but everything is just simply, wet. 

You may have a better chance of getting warmer Friday aftn than Cape Cod. Sun FTL.

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Look at a model for once

To be honest Kevin,  We've all seen this a ton of times...it snows til about noon, then it clears out very quickly and the sun goes to work.   

This happens more times than not...you of all people should know this by now.   

Unless in future modeling, this hangs on longer...but as currently modeled I'd be looking at this ending by noon West of the river, and 1 or 2 o clock East.  And then it will start to melt very quickly afterwards.  I don't see us losing it all before the sun goes down, but it will melt down quick.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro looks like a hair south of 12z, but juiced up over the s coast. 

Euro is a bit slower and deeper with the trough though...so if we can just get it a tad sharper, that could be pretty good. Could be a pretty decent band running along SE areas that QPF may not totally reflect. Not sure I remember seeing such differences at 48 hours for a clipper...some guidance is close to warning snow for BOS while others is like an inch.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro is a bit slower and deeper with the trough though...so if we can just get it a tad sharper, that could be pretty good. Could be a pretty decent band running along SE areas that QPF may not totally reflect. Not sure I remember seeing such differences at 48 hours for a clipper...some guidance is close to warning snow for BOS while others is like an inch.

The s/w looks good...I wonder how much Bruce Willis flow at 850 gobbles it up though. But yeah..I see that look and bring it north just a tad perhaps. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro has a nice f-gen signal there Thu night/early Fri. Pretty strong at 850 mb, with the DGZ sitting right above that level. 

Gotta watch out for the subsidence immediately on the cold side of that though. Could be a sharp cut off near the NH border. New Hampshire not North Haven.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Euro has a nice f-gen signal there Thu night/early Fri. Pretty strong at 850 mb, with the DGZ sitting right above that level. 

Gotta watch out for the subsidence immediately on the cold side of that though. Could be a sharp cut off near the NH border. New Hampshire not North Haven.

Dendrite smoking Cirrus? Can't wait for the Kuchera maps Dendrite?

49 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

To be honest Kevin,  We've all seen this a ton of times...it snows til about noon, then it clears out very quickly and the sun goes to work.   

This happens more times than not...you of all people should know this by now.   

Unless in future modeling, this hangs on longer...but as currently modeled I'd be looking at this ending by noon West of the river, and 1 or 2 o clock East.  And then it will start to melt very quickly afterwards.  I don't see us losing it all before the sun goes down, but it will melt down quick.

Hours and hours of flurries will cripple all travel, you've been warned.

Archived