Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mar 10 Clipper

ORH_wxman

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if it's old age or the beautiful 70 degree days we have a few weeks ago but I'm done with winter. The threat of snow and these freezing cold temps are not appealing to me, let Spring spring is where I am at right now!

The temps this weekend are beyond depressing...

That run in early mid feb of snow was enough to fill my snow appetite for the season.

9 minutes ago, Bruinsyear said:

I don't know if it's old age or the beautiful 70 degree days we have a few weeks ago but I'm done with winter. The threat of snow and these freezing cold temps are not appealing to me, let Spring spring is where I am at right now!

The temps this weekend are beyond depressing...

That run in early mid feb of snow was enough to fill my snow appetite for the season.

Thanks for your clipper analysis. 

Not that anyone asks... but part of me thinks (for snow enthusiasts) it is better (for now) that at 48 + hours it runs .5" QPF to NYC and keeps things dry up this way...

Just my experience, one of two things happens when that model goes from 60 hours to 36:  it goes N; it goes S.

I have seen so many .5" FRH gridded values in LGA, where BOS was < .1" end up more uniform between the two, than the other way around.  Having said that, I have seen walled off snow bands slam shut at HFD before, too. But that result is ...uuusually not handled at 60 hours by the NAM. 

Having said all that... having pretty much no other guidance at all showing much more than PHL to ACY, makes it tough to believe the NAM is correct, overall, in the first place.  All that corrective stuff above happens when the other guidance has it too.  EDIT:  I haven't looked at the RGEM lately - oops 

So...the milk-shake version of all that mashes up to, I have no f clue what this thing is going to do, but, whatever the final result, I do believe it's impact should be mostly insignificant in general. 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Whoa!! Why the violent attack Pope? I was posting a question to see what thoughts were 

"Violence"? Expand your vocabulary. 

Attempting to mock someone is a disingenuous way to ask a forecast question. 

In the meantime, the surface trends warmer...

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The suppression meat grinder is delayed a bit which affects the Sun system moreso. We can relax with this and enjoy an advisory event. 

It would be nice just to see some snow falling, accumulating would be even better....I haven't measured anything since February 12th

Archived