joxey
March med-long range disco thread 2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RidingTheModelWithMostSnow said:

I am going to tune up the snowblower today

Don't.  Heat from the exhaust could tip the balance and set off a chain reaction that keeps us just above freezing for the next week.  Chaos theory and all that...  Basically what I'm saying is, nobody breath or move a muscle until Tuesday.

Just looked at GFS and GGEM finally. Sheesh, Canadian has such a cleaner evolution with the stronger southern s/w. If I hadn't already seen the snow maps ITT I would have thought the GFS would miss based on the earlier panels. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yoda, look at the isobars in front of the northern stream low @ 96. I highly doubt it makes it south of our latitude looking like that leading in. 

From what I can tell, ukie has a more defined southern stream low ala the GGEM but it doesn't look like it phases with the northern s/w, which the GGEM does. That probably gives us some problems, verbatim, but so hard to tell with the stupid free maps.

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Just looked at GFS and GGEM finally. Sheesh, Canadian has such a cleaner evolution with the stronger southern s/w. If I hadn't already seen the snow maps ITT I would have thought the GFS would miss based on the earlier panels. 

GFS doesn't really get the low going till off the SC coast. Most other models have it in the GOM.  Somehow GFS quickly  phases and makes up for the lost time.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived