Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7th Mixed Bag North of the Pike

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Yeah, waiting here.   Every now and then a see a snowflake struggling to make it earthbound.

Honestly though,  not sure when the best time to clean this up will be.  Dont mind heavy and wet, trying to avoid "glacier" and "skating rink."

I did the driveway.  If it ices, no biggie since Weds will warm up

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Tuck is moving pretty steadily SSW...about 5-10mph from my best estimate looking at the way the mesonet map has changed over the past 1-2 hours.

The hi-res stuff had the cold tuck, but where is a model that showed 14.5 degrees at 3 PM at GYX? Woof, nothing was even close to these 2 m temps.

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

The hi-res stuff had the cold tuck, but where is a model that showed 14.5 degrees at 3 PM at GYX? Woof, nothing was even close to these 2 m temps.

Yeah that isn't surprising. Today is def a setup that you think of when reading the ten commandments of forecasting.

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Has your SNE temp map from PD family been down?

Yes, I've been using wunderground map....it's not as neat as the pd family, but oh well, it's all we got now.

14 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

How far south is it predicted to advance?

Well it's already further south than most models have it. I'd say it will def get past the pike...but how far remains to be seen. They tend to fizzle not too far after that.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Pellet fest now.   30F

Wish I could have waited to snow blow but wife had to get out to work.  

Chris--how'd things play out snow-wise?  I sure am glad we got more sleet.  :)

I've been out of the loop--just saw a watch up for tomorrow night/Thursday.  Cool.

26.3* at the Pit off a 1:30 high of 27.6

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You can see the line...at first stuff was moving SW, then more SSW and now it's draining almost due south...eventually I think we'll see it "tuck" SSE or SE a bit as the mesolow moves north of our latitude.

That is a pretty clear signal. There should be a good slosh back into NE MA tonight too, like interior Essex.

Archived